anybody?

i lost my unborn son at 5 months 11 weeks ago..i feel so low and i dont know what to do!! i cant stop crying and i constantly think about him and see his face i dont know how to cope with my grief can anybody help me!!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I feel so terribly sorry for you and I know exactly how you are feeling.  I lost my little girl in January due to the doctor leaving the cord for too long too tight around her neck once her head was delivered.  I know our situations are a little different but even still, losing a baby is THE most heartbreaking moment of your entire life.  Just knowing that you couldnt do anything for your baby is heartbreaking.  I still feel shattered, absolutely gutted when I think of my pretty little girls face:(  No body will be able to tell you just how to cope with the loss of your little one but just know that you WILL cope.  It is so very hard and you feel at the moment that you wont but you will and I will be here to help if you need.  Thinking of you and all the other mummys out there that have lost their little angel.  Take Care.  Marina.
Helpful - 0
You are still in the midst of grief.  I would encourage you to talk to someone.  I didn't until my 3rd miscarriage and I really wish I would have.  It was a long 7 mos of complete misery for me until I got counseling to deal with the loss.  

I'm so sorry, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Helpful - 0
honey im so so sorry for what your having to go through, the world works in mysterious ways.
no one should ever have to feel how your feeling right now there is nothing i could say or do for you to make this any better but i do believe the saying that 'times a healer'

thinking of you x
Helpful - 0
yes he was my first child. there was nothing wrong with me or with my son, i just went into premature labour and everything was natural with no drugs or anything. this is what makes it so hard because when i held him he was perfect in every way he was beautiful.
Helpful - 0
I too lost a baby at 18-19 weeks.  It took a few months of therapy to help me deal w/my grief.  I think it's something you should strongly consider plus as mami said join a group for dealing w/miscarriage & loss.  MedHelp is considering starting a forum for miscarriage so there could be help in that direction as well.  Bless your heart - I hope things look brighter soon :-))).
Helpful - 0
Sorry, I see you wrote unborn son.  I apologize for not reading it thoroughly.  
Helpful - 0
Were you 5 months pregnant or was your baby 5 months old?
Helpful - 0
I surely do know how you are feeling. In Sep 2006 I lost a baby when I was 4 months along. Everything had been going along fine. At 12 weeks, we had watched it in the ultrasound, moving its little arms and legs, apparently healthy. At 16 weeks, dead.

I was DEVASTATED. I seriously didn't know how I would EVER feel better. I remember thinking, "There is NO WAY I will EVER get over this. How can I?"

But you know what? Time heals.When I think about it now, of course I feel a little sad, but certainly not the overwhelming grief I felt at the time.

You are still in the hardest part of grieving. And there is nothing that can be done this soon. You HAVE to grieve.I read somewhere that most women start to feel better 4 months after the miscarraige.

Was this your first child? Did you have to give birth to him? Do they know why he died? I apologize if you don't want to answer these questions, but sometimes it helps just to talk about it.
It turned out my baby had a chromosome defect with its eyes.My dr said normally it should have miscarried far earlier in the pregnancy. But my husband and I like to think he/she just REALLY wanted to be in our family so he hung on as long as he did.:)

When I really started to feel better was when I got pregnant again----3 months later. To have a new life to focus on, instead of the death, was healing for me.

If you want to talk more or talk in a private message you can send me one on my profile. I have been there and I can try to help you. *HUGS*
Helpful - 0
Oh hon, I'm so sorry for your loss.  I couldn't even imagine what you are going through.  There isn't much I can say to ease your pain.  Just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.  There is also a grief forum and maybe you can find some comfort from the women over there who've experienced a loss like the one you had.  That is the saddest thing, losing a child.  I hope you gain the strength to get through this...we are all here and will support you.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.