Women's Health: Postpartum Community

asherman's syndrome?

Two years ago, I delivered a baby by c-section (second baby by c-section in 18 mos.).  I may have had an infection on my scar (I received an antibiotic), but was sent home with everything checking out.  I was experiencing cramping, but thought it had to do with recovering from a surgery.  Two weeks after delivery, I was given a D&C because I had developed cervical stenosis and a hematumetra? in my uterus.  Four weeks after that, I started having pelvic pain and have had it ever since.  I nursed my daughter for 16 mos. and despite going to see two different obgyn doctors, they passed off my pain as related to my surgeries...I went to a second because I did start my menstrual cycle while nursing and noticed a brown discharge and that my cycle only lasted 36 hours.  I have now had 5 cycles since I stopped nursing.  I only have discharge for 48 hours (max) and then nothing for 5 days.  On day 7 I start having a light discharge for three days that is brown.  I am very crampy towards the middle of my cycle and sometimes during the 5 day window between discharge.  Could this be Asherman's and how do I convince my doctor to check it out based on my history?
It sounds like you may have Asherman's based on your symptoms. You will need to ask your doctor to do a hysteroscopy, which can be done in the office, to check and remove the scar tissue that developed from your D & C.