baby small for gestational age

I am 9w4d pregnant but the baby is only showing at 6 weeks. I had my first positive pregnancy test for this baby December 17, after being a week late. I had massive bleeding on Sunday which caused the doctor to send me for an emergency ultrasound. The doctor wants to run more tests because I am still cramping severely. What's wrong with my baby?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Had a threatened miscarriage a week ago second one this pregnancy but the baby is now only a week behind.
Helpful - 0
Sounds good!  Maybe you just conceived later than you thought.  
Helpful - 0
looks like everything will be ok my HCG levels are going up
Helpful - 0
When a fetus is measuring that far behind there are basically two possibilities.  Either your dates are off, or sadly this is not a viable pregnancy.  I know waiting to find out is torture, but unfortunately that is all you can do at this point.  I truly hope for the best for you.  I know how hard a time this is.  Take care and all the best to you.
Helpful - 0
Hon, maybe nothing.  But it is also possible that the pregnancy faded at the 6-week point.  I hope that is not it.  The next tests will show more of what is going on.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.