baby with hemangioma

I was wondering if anyone has a baby or toddler who has or had a hemangioma and how was it treated, if it needed treatment??
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey .. Thanks for your reply - where do you live?? My son has been receiving treatment since a few weeks old; as his hemangioma had obstructed ( located on his nose). I posted the question because I wanted to know other kinds of treatments for these hemangiomas.

THanks :)
Helpful - 0
Hello. Two of my sons had hemangiomas, and we opt for no treatment on both of them and they have went away almost all the way on there own.  My first son had one under his scrotum, and it grew till he was about 5 then it started to slowly shrink.  He is now 8 and you can't really even tell where it was.  My second son had one on his head and his chest right beside his nipple.  His was different, his only grew till he was 1 then they slowly went down also.  His is very hard to see too. All the research that I have done as suggested to wait it out if possible because most do go away before puberty.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.