bleeding at 7 weeks pregnant

Last thursday I started to see brown blood and cramps so the doctor reffered me to the hospital i had a vaginal scan and saw the heartbeat. Later that day i started to bleed like a normal period and I have done for the past 4 days.

i have had two miscarriages in the past year and i am really worried. I am going to see my midwife today and see if I can get another scann booked as i dont know if this is normal. the doctor had said at the hospital some woman do blee for the first 12 weeks and is unknown.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

I've been to see the midwife and they took me straight to a and e as the cramping had got worse and I was having a miscarriage. Me and my partner sat for 4 hours before we got seen to, I was devestated.

they had kept me in over night to keep an eye on me as my cervix was just opening to release everything. All they have done is taken a blood sample from me and my partner and will get the results back in 6 weekss,they did not check my progesterone levels, I am only 23 and my partner is 30.

Helpful - 0
please have them check ur progesterone levels!!!  GOOD LUCK!
Helpful - 0
hi, i dont want to scare u but i went through something similar to you, started spotting then bleeding for no reason. i didnt even have sex with my husband, this continued for almost a month untill i had a specialized ultrasound and it turns out there was no baby inside! i never passed clots so i dont know what occured.. but i hope this is not ur case!! thats was my second loss, i also lost a baby at 17 weeks, it not easy at all. goodluck to u! write bak...
Helpful - 0
HI, im sorry to hear that your bleeding. I started bleeding at 6 weeks brown blood and then as if it was a normal period. The 'not knowing' part was very stressful . I ended up miscarrying. I was told that bleeding is normal but after what happened to me and what Ive been reading about first signs of miscarriage for me I personally don't think its normal at all. I think if you have normal periods and your cycles are regular then you shouldn't have any bleeding during your pregnancy apart form maybe implantation bleeding. I hope everything turns out ok for you though, i know exactly what your going through, let me know what happens!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.