Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

i am 8 weeks and no fetal heart tone

in week 7 i had a vaginal u/s and heard the heart beat and in week 8 i got another u/s and they could not find the heart beat i wonder what might of happened
2 Responses
351246 tn?1379682132
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi!
Before coming to any conclusion I would advise you to wait until 10-11 weeks and re-scan. At 7 weeks, often an arterial pulse is misdiagnosed as fetal heartbeat. If at 11 weeks also there is no heart beat, then it could be a blighted ovum if you do not miscarry and HCG levels rise.  Please discuss with your gynecologist.
For your information: An anembryonic gestation is characterized by a normal-appearing gestational sac, but the absence of an embryo. Normally a gestational sac with a yolk sac appears at about 5 weeks of pregnancy and can be well visualized by 6 weeks on a transvaginal ultrasound. A pregnancy is anembryonic if a transvaginal ultrasound reveals a sac with a mean gestational sac diameter (MGD) greater than 13 mm and no yolk sac, or an MGD >18 mm with no embryo.
Hope this helps. Take care!
1166321 tn?1321279842
I was 12 weeks

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.