im pregnant and maybe i picked the wrong forum for this but pleaseeee help

I dont know if you guys remember me,  my other name was "mrsjacox', but i forgot the password :-(. I am 18 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I recently moved in with my babys father . Last night i found out he was cheating on me with someone who works at his job and he lied about that among other things and he swore on my babys life that he wasnt doing anything. I love him to death but I wont sit around and be cheated on and take it lightly. I packed some of my things and came to my cousins house . Everyone says i should work it out because of the baby, some people say its normal for men to cheat while their woman is pregnant.I am SO confused.. I just do not want to stress because i know it will hurt my baby. I NEED some type of advice, from ANYBODY pleasee. Thank you & have a blessed day.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
LOL. I think all of you are right. Its confusing
Helpful - 0
It is NEVER normal to cheat under any circumstance!! Stick to your guns and stay with your cousin until you can get on your feet. Is this really the type of father you want your child learning from? Respect yourself first. Somebody has to!
Helpful - 0
Screw him. You need him the most when you are pregnant because after a while you wont be able to do certain things on your own.  It is NOT normal to cheat on a women when she is or isn't pregnant but I think it's worse when she is.  Stay strong and turn to people who can support and help you during your pregnancy. He doesn't deserve this experience if he's willing to loose it over another women. Good luck and I'm so sorry this has happened.
Helpful - 0
What a c***. Do not go back. Not only is he disgusting for cheating, but while you are pregnant!?!That is even worse. What kind of man does that to his pregnant girlfriend? If you think you can forgive and forget, then go back to him. But if you can't, don't bother and end it now. In the long run, it will be worse for your little child if you go back and have trust issues and lots of rows. Personally, I couldn't live with it, I'd be suspicious of everything he did. And what if you have another child, will you become so worried that he'll do it again? Yes you need to think of your unborn child, but think of yourself too. And in my opinion, what you choose is right for you, is generally right for your child.
All that matters is that your child is given the love and care it deserves, and if the b****** wants to be involved, then baby will still have both parents.
Remember, once a cheat, always a cheat.
Helpful - 0
i failed to mention that i was also thinking about my future.. ever since i was younger, i always just wanted to have 1 baby father for all my kids. say i leave him, in the future i'm definately going to want more kids... i dont want to have 3 kids with 3 different baby fathers. this is so painful, right now my mind is going crazy.
Helpful - 0
Hi Relly,
I agree with everyone else in here. There should be no tolerance for cheating. It is wrong no matter what way you look at it. It may be a hard thing to do, but you are better off without that guy. I am a single mommy of two and recently found a wonderful man that love me, treats me right, would never cheat, and loves my little girls like they are his own. There are a lot of guys out there that would do the same for you.
If you were to go back to the father of you baby, there would never be trust even if he never cheated on you again. Cheating is more than just having sex with someone too, so if he was talking to a girl at work that way, then he is fully capable of having sex with her too. Somehow they always find an excuse, a way, or a reason that makes it right in their mind. ITS NOT OKAY!!! Don't put up with that from anyone. If the man you are with doesnt treat you with full respect and love, then he's not worth yours time. IT is absolutely not "normal' for a man to cheat on his pregnant wife. If he loves you and respects you the way he SHOULD, then he wouldn't do such things.

Good luck! And don't get scared to be a single mommy. It's not a bad thing. :-)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.