moler pregnancy

I had a d&c on tuesday and they are calling it a moler pregnancy and I am so confussed on what one is?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am so sorry that you are having to go through this. It when the baby never develops. Most of the time there is just an empty sac. Levels are usually very high for that point of pregnancy.
Helpful - 0
I am sorry to hear of your miscarriage.  You can get a lot of clear information on what a molar pregnancy is by looking online.  Try the spelling "molar" instead of "moler" and a lot of helpful stuff should come up.  Talk to your doctor, too.  Molar pregnancies are pretty rare, and they have the added problem that (unlike other miscarriages) you should not try to get pregnant for a while after one.  He should explain this to you, and if he doesn't, you should pin him down and ask exactly how long you should wait. I think I have heard it is a year and if you get pregnant sooner the consequences can be serious.  I know that sounds like bad news but it is important to know what you are dealing with, and you want to be totally past it by the time you get pregnant again.  Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon.
Helpful - 0
A molar pregnancy is an abnormality of the placenta, caused by a problem when the egg and sperm join together at fertilization. Complete molars have only placenta parts.(there is no baby, teeth hair or other stuff) They form when the sperm fertilizes an empty egg. Since the egg is empty, no baby forms, but the placenta still grows and produces HCG hormone.....resulting in a false positive pregnancy test. Molar pregnancies are accident of nature and not anyone's fault.

Sorry you had to go through this
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.