pregnancy after ablation

I am 43, divorced and in a relationship with the Man I should've married in high school. I have 4 children from my marriage. We would like to have a baby together. He is planning his vasectomy reversal. I had a heat ablation about 6 years ago. I do have a very light period every month.

In the past I have had miscarriages before each pregnancy until the 3rd child/6th pregnancy where I was put on progesterone.

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions about natural therapies to help build my lining to ensure egg attachment and reduce my risk of accreta. I'm also wondering if the women that have gotten pregnant after heat ablation had very light periods like me or somewhat normal flow? HELP!?!

I see my OB March 11th.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Please ask your ob to refer you to a fertility specialist.  What you're considering might be life threatening if your endometrium can't support a pregnancy, the embryo could implant in the uterine wall itself.  Please be guided by the fertility specialist's suggestions.  I would think about possibly using a gestational carrier if the specialist says it would be too risky.
Helpful - 0
Yes! Thank you! Thats definitely what I'll do. I want to be safe and smart for my family. I go to a great group. They'll definitely be honest and refer me to the specialist. I thought about a vestigial carrier. I'm not sure how to even go about finding one if needed. Any suggestions?
Helpful - 0
The fertility specialist will know how to locate one.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.