ready to get back on the saddle!

It's been 4 days now since I have birth and I can't wait to get intimate with my partner again. Is it too soon to do the deed?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Ma'am definitely is..! U need to get the approval from your doctor. Mine said it was about 6 week wait depending on how u had ur baby
Helpful - 0
I had a natural birth. No tears. It was a pretty smooth birth.
Helpful - 0
6 weeks the least
Helpful - 0
You still have an open wound where your placenta was even if you didn't tear. Also, you are extremely fertile after giving birth. I'd wait.
Helpful - 0
Wow. ...
Helpful - 0
Don't matter if you had a natural birth. You should still wait 6weeks. No doctor would say it's okay to have sex 4 days after you gave birth.
Helpful - 0
yeah. I had a c section and although I was up walking around the mall 2weeks after birth, I was still bleeding. and the risk of infection is HUGE considering your uterus is basically a giant wound like Mrsgrim said.
Helpful - 0
Oh my goodness.  yes, it is way too soon.  Doctors give the recommendation of 6 weeks and AFTER they give the green light based on checking to see if you healed properly for a reason.  Not to mess up your sex life.  You are healing.  

You can do other sexual things but intercourse is off limit for a good while.

How's your baby?  LOL
Helpful - 0
My Dr told me right after I had my son if I felt up to it I could after 2 wks since I didn't tear .. I personally didn't feel like it but everybody is different
Helpful - 0
Ha, I know.  I was so entrenched in baby care, breast feeding, baby diapers that I was like "back off buddy" until I got used to it all. :>)  But everyone is different.  I would say you can please each other in other ways but even just an orgasm that makes for contractions sounds painful after vaginal birth.  
Helpful - 0
He's doing great @specialmom thank you for asking.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.