she is here!!!

hey everyone, i am sitting in the clouds right now.  on friday i had some bleeding and passed some clots.  i went into the hospital to check, thinking it was some mucus plug and id be sent home.  with a bit of elevated bp, her decreased growth, and the bleeding my ob, high risk and neonatologist decided it was best for her to come out.

so i had my last baby born at 2:31pm.  she came out crying, kicking and perfect.  she has been able to breath on her own without help the whole time.  she weighed in at 3lbs 14oz and 16.25inch long.  she has been in the nicu to control temp and because of her size and holes in her heart they are keeping her for a week or so.  she has breastfed a bit but i am pumping and bottle feeding for now.  if she doesnt eat a certain amt they will tube feed her ick!

we are all so in love.  her hair is darker and her eyes are too.  she knows its me when i show up at her incubator to feed her lol.  she turns towards me and opens her mouth i love it!!  i was discharged today so i am getting over the shock of her not being home with me , but the staff in the nicu are FREAKIN INCREDIBLE!!!!  i thank you all for your wishes of us, i knew if i didnt post soon a posse might be out searching for us lol.  she was under the lights for jaundice but as soon as they turn them off i will get to dress her ;)

she is tiny and a doll!! i will write more but right now im pooped!! i wont complain again, but wanted to get that out haha.  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
AMAZING!  Congratulations, perty!  So great!

Brooke
Helpful - 0
Let me just say congratulations! Macy is beautiful and blessed to have such a loving mother.  Your attitude has been an inspiration to me. You are such a positive person and all of your three children are lucky to have you.

Congrats again, keep us posted, and keep those pictures coming! She is doing so well for being so tiny!
Helpful - 0
Congratulations sweetie, she is a beautiful baby.  I am so happy to hear that she is breathing without trouble as I know that is always the concern with preemies.  I know how hard it is to come home with baby, I had to do that too.  But I agree, NICU nurses are the best!!  They are so loving!!!  Sounds like our little Macy is doing great and you are too!!  Congrats again momma...oh, and yeah, there were a few of us going to head out looking for you if you didn't post...lol.  Might have been tough...knowing first names and states are not a whole lot of info to go on...lol.
Helpful - 0
as I said you are a lucky mamma and she's a lucky BEAUTIFUL little girl with big siblings who I'm sure just love her!

she reminds me of TJ when he was a newborn w/the IV's and NICU and heart and all (of course T21 too! lol)......that's an experience that you can't prepare for but you'd never take back for anything.
Helpful - 0
I have tears just reading this.  Dana- you are an amazing person and the love you have for Macy shows in all the pictures and every word you type!  I wish I was as good and loving person as you are.  
Helpful - 0
Congratulations!
What a miracle that such a tiny thing doesn't need help breathing. Amazing. Such a perfect little angel. So happy for you and your family!
Helpful - 0
congrats she is just the most beautiful thing so tiny!! congrats you are amazing
Helpful - 0
So happy for you!  Enjoy your new little bundle.  She is beautiful.
Helpful - 0
beautiful!!!  congrats and I hope she gets to go home to her loving family soon!  You are an amazing woman!!!!
Helpful - 0
Congrats.  I saw the pictures and she's gorgeous!  It's wonderful to hear she is doing so well and hopefully she will be able to go home soon.
Helpful - 0
Congratulations. SHE IS PERFECT!
Helpful - 0
She is just beautiful and what a lucky little girl to have you for her mommy!!!  I just want to hug her - she's so teeny and perfect!!!!    I hope Addy isn't too jealous!! :)
Helpful - 0
congrats....glad everything is going well...before you know it she will be home with you....just so happy everything went smoothly with her early delivery :)
Helpful - 0
She is so tiny & beautiful, congratulations!!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.