sore breast and nipples/ problems with fertility

I have two problems. One is that I have very sore breast and nipples. There are times when I would break down and cry because they would hurt so bad.There are no bruses or lumps on or in my breast.If I had to discribe the pain i would say it feels like a bat hitting me in my chest. On a scale of 1-10 ,10 being the worst i would have to give it a 10.I have never been pregnant so i don't breast feed so my question is why do they hurt so bad? My second question is about fertility. my husban and I have been trying for a year and a half and nothing has happen. The questions I have are.Does prenatle vitumins, D&C or fertility supplement help with fertility? what advise would you give me and what are some products that could help.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
yes, it would benefit you to be taking the prenatals now.  the folic acid it beneficial to those ttc.  bc you have been trying for a year, you can really go to a specialist that specializes in fertility.  they will lead you through the necessary testing to see what is going on.  as far as your breasts, it may very well be connect to not being able to concieve.  maybe hormonal or something.  im no dr.  just speculating.
good luck
Helpful - 0
thanks morgan for your commit.I have been under alot of stress dealing with not being able to conceive so i'm pretty sure that my harmones are going wild.
Helpful - 0
If you have been trying for a year and a half you should see a fertility DR.  Infertility is loosely defined as the inability to conceive after one year of regular, unprotected sex.  A lot of infertility problems are treatable so your odds are good that DRs will be able to help you.  I don't know what you may be experiencing with you breast.  It's just more info to give your DR.  Maybe it is related to your fertility issues.
Helpful - 0
Are you sure you are not pregnant now?  One of my 1st pg symptoms was tender breasts/nipples.
Helpful - 0
are there any other reason for sore nipples and tender breast. keep in mind im in my twenties.
Helpful - 0
Hi ladies, I'm new.  

I've always suffered from sore breast.  I've always had regular periods, ovulated regularly, but bb's would be sore all the time.  Have been married for almost 2 years now and hubby and I have been together for 4 years and rarely use protection.  Started concerntrating on pregnancy last year and fell pregnant in September, but miscarried after 5.5 weeks.  My ob/gyn immediately sent my to a fertility specialist, because the ultrasound found a cyst and two other unusual looking things in my uterus.  Turns out (after a laparoscopy) I have endometriosis , and have had it for a long time.  No wonder I've struggled with all types of pain for a long time.  Do you have other symptoms, like pelvic pain, unusual bleeding, frequent infections?  It could just be an hormonal imbalance too, so don't be too freaked out.  Have you spoken to your OB/GYN yet?  Endometriosis is one a few disorders that cause infertility, when diagnosed early enough, which is good in your case, you still have a good chance for pregnancy!

Helpful - 0
Hey everyone,
This is my first time posting on this forum.  Just a quick question about the whole sore breast and nipple thing.  I had unprotected sex a couple of times and suspect that I may be pregnant because my period is 2 days late.  My breasts are really sore and tender, but that usually happens around AF time.  But something happened a couple of nights ago.  My nipples all of a sudden started to burn...really bad. They stung so much that I could hardly stand the feeling of them moving the least bit in my bra.  They stung beyond anything I've felt before and when i looked at my nipples, they were inverted.  It only lasted for a few minutes and went away and it hasnt' happened since. Just wondering what it might be or if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone knows what it might be.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.