Advice on the pill :)

Hi guys I just wanted some advice :) so I have been on the combination pill Femodene ed for about 5 years and have always taken it properly then last week I completely forgot to take the last active pill before the withdrawal bleeding but continued taking the active pills as per usual after the inactive pills finished.  I took my first active pill the morning after the active finished and then that evening had unprotected sex but he pulled out before finishing, then the next day I took the emergency contraceptive pill within 24hours and continued taking my pill as per usual.  Do you think I have anything to worry about? As getting pregnant right now is not what I want right now
COMMUNITY LEADER
In all honesty, no.  I do not think you got pregnant.  Missing one is probably okay.  You took emergency contraceptive tough just in case?  Well, your hormones may be all over the place for a while.  Emergency contraceptive is a big dose of hormones which is how they work but after a woman has all those extra hormones to deal with. You may have break through spotting, breast tenderness, moodiness, etc.  That's going to be the affect of the extra hormones.  You can take a pregnancy test 2.5 weeks after the last unprotected sex.  Withdrawal method can still result in pregnancy.  The penis will let off small amounts of sperm before the major ejaculation.  But overall, I do not think you'll get pregnant from this.  Please follow back up with me and let me know!

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community