Bleeding After Period

Hi, I am a 18 year old woman and am on Ortho Evra (the patch). I am on a schedule with my patches that I put a new one on every Monday. My periods usually last about 4 or 5 days. They start on about Wednesday and end on Saturday. This normal routine happened this last time around and I put a new patch on on Monday, well today after I went to the bathroom and wiped, I noticed there was a lot of brownish colored blood on the toilet paper and was concerned. If you could help me out that would be great...Thank you so much.

This discussion is related to Bleeding after period.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi my name is Julia and I've been having similar problems. I went to the doctors and they said I had ovarian cycsts. I am on the patch as well and I recently had my period a couple days ago and it stopped then today I'm having irregular bleeding which feels like I'm having my period all over again. I also experience pain like cramps but like 10 times worse. It totally ***** I'm wondering what this could be? Although I have unprotected sex with my man pretty much every other day and also sometimes it hurts to have sex. Wondering what this could be? Please help.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.