Bleeding after Mirena IUD removal

About three weeks ago, I had a mirena IUD removed after 5 years of use. I  am 51, and have not had a period in 2 years. I thought I had gone through menopause - hot flashes, night sweats, etc. Now, I am having a period! I did have 4 days of light spotting after the mirena came out. Now, I started with two days of brown spotting, and now the blood is birght red, and seems to be picking up speed. Is this normal?
hi in reply to your post i had mine removed 3 weeks ago i am 55 and just the same as you i thought it was all over for me too! i looked on the internet to see if anyone else had the same and it sounds like we bothhave!
Hello, I have just found this site after searching for help in regard to bleeding after the removal of my mirena 3 days ago, I am 52, & only had it in 1 1/2 years, but was told by my specialsit it could be taken out as my blood test showed I was now post menopausal. With night sweats 5 times a night & feeling flat & tired all the time, I agreed with him, now I am bleeding like I have a period & wondering is this normal, but thanks to your comments I can see this is common. But is it right that us menopausal women have this bleeding  problem?
I have the mirena removed 6 days ago after having it in  for 5 years- I am 59 and hadn't had a period for 5 years! I started spotting then it started getting heavier is this normal?
I had my removed 2 weeks a go now bleeding my age 59 mirena been in for 7 years
I am wanting mine removed, I had it in 2007 and yea I know it should be 5 years. and its now 12 but it has never bothered me.  I am 55 and haven't had any bleeding or spotting for 5 years. I am hoping that the hormones in the mirena will be gone and I have gone through the menopause, I only have 2 bothersome sweats when I wake and when I get in bed others I can handle. Trouble is I am very scared to have it removed as it says the easiest time is period time(no periods) and I have a tilted womb so I am really bothered. Any of you ladies if you can give advice it will be greatfully recieved
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.