Can cervix be high and soft during period? Or only during pregnancy?

My cervix has always been low and hard during my period. This period it is high and soft?!?!
COMMUNITY LEADER
I'm just going to say that through all my years of having a period, trying to conceive and trying to understand y body, I never found checking my cervix helpful.  During pregnancy was the only to check if it was open or closed right as I neared time to give birth and a doctor felt that, not me.  But I'll answer your question from what I've read. A cervix that is HIGH, SOFT and OPEN is a fertile cervix.  Like, you are supposed to be about to ovulate.  During your period, the cervix is high and firm.  If you are pregnant, yes, they say your cervix can be high and soft.  Whew, but it is hard to say.  I wouldn't use that as your indication of pregnancy. take a test.  Or are you not pregnant and wondering why your cervix is in this position and soft.  ??