Could my delayed periods mean something?last cycle lasted 46 days

I'm a 20 years old female. My menstrual cycle used to last 27-28 days, but then it changed to last 37 days. I thought it was because I had recently changed my eating habits, so I changed back but it still lasted 37 days (meaning it was Regular eventhough late).

after 6 cycles that lasted 35-38 days each, my last period was ten days later, meaning my last cycle lasted 46 days. I was about to visit a doctor because I thought I was missing my period but it came in the end.

Is it a bad sign? Should I consult a doctor or should I wait to see if my next cycle will go back to 37?

I've been putting off visiting a doctor because I was scared they may have to run some intimate tests and I have no female friend or family that I can ask to go with me, but my last cycle is worrying me a lot
Its possible that you may be start menopause early. If you stop having periods then thats most likely what is going on. But until then, I'd visit your local doctor for a check up and tell him/her your symptoms.
You're too young to go through menopause. I would disregard that comment. It could be something as simple as stress. You need to see a doctor, especially if it is worrying you. If they need to do a pap test, ask for a nurse in the room. It won't be long until it's over. And you'll feel better as I'm sure it's nothing serious. Only way to know is to do it.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community