Dermoid Cyst

Hi I am 21 years old and had surgery in November last year to remove a 13cm Dermoid cyst from my ovary. I had ovarian torsion, my ovary had twisted 4 or 5 times, the surgeon was able to save the ovary. I am still experiencing chronic pain. I went to my doctor and he referred me for ultrasound which showed left over cyst. The cyst is currently 3cms. I am unable to see a specialist for 3 months. My pain is so bad. I have constant pain in my bladder and urethra (feels like constant UTI) I have been incontinent of urine, my doctor prescribed me oxybutinin which seemed to help a lot when i take the maximum dose. My family doctor believes that the cyst is rubbing on and irritating my bladder. I have sharp stabbing pains on my left side where i had the cyst. For the last couple of days I am constantly feeling nauseous (have vomited twice) and light headed. Help? Why aren't the doctors in any hurry? I don't want it to become an emergency again.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community