How do I stop my period without birth control pills?

Is there a way to stop my period without birth control pills or something I'd have to stick up into myself? My mother used to use ginseng, and it worked. She said when she took ginseng, it would stop her period that month if she took it like the days of her period. I tried, and I do believe my period was extremely light once when I had a lot of it. For me, periods are usually light, short, and I need no protection whatsoever, and all I need is a stain remover. But now, this is rather gross, but blood is pouring like a faucet and it's been almost 9 days, and my period is at the absolute most like 5 days. I seems whenever I sit down for like a while, and stand up, I feel it flowing, and that's just gross. I've also tried this herbal leaf my a friend uses and it works for her. I believe I had 2 bowls of it and I ate the leaves too, not tasty but I'm desperate, and it wasn't as heavy for like an hour. And I tried extreme exercise, I played DDR to the absolute max and I sang and dance and moved and jumped and got extremely tired, and I noticed I was bleeding less and over night it ceased a lot and then in the morning I sat down to have breakfast and it was pouring again. And I'm also eating less. And I'm drained of so much energy. I'm not sure if I should go to the doctor, one; My doctor is a man. two; I have no health care or insurance and it would be terribly expensive.  three; he'd probably tell me birth control pills which I doubt I'd use because i'm just 12. four; that would mean missing school and taking the bus to the doctor's and the bus ticket cost went up and I'm practically broke now because I went a few weeks ago and medicine alone took $30. And also is it true that if I exercise a ton then it can make my period shorter? And does anyone know of any other way to make my period less or shorter or stop other than birth control pills, a hysterectomy, or sticking something up there? It's terribly annoying, and I'd do anything, and even if that includes eating the most bitter herbs or whatever, I like most bitter things anyway. For now, after my grandmother leaves so she can't laugh at me, I'm going to sing and dance as much as I can. And is it true if you drink or eat cold stuff and sour stuff it makes your period come heavier? Sorry about all these questions, I'm really desperate because it's making me weak and I'd hate to go to school like this tomorrow.
Thats terrible, but I know the feeling and it *****, and the best you can do is go to the doctor. I was skeptical thinking they would put me on the pill also. But she told me to get a pelvic exam first. Your doctor would probably want to find out whats wrong because we are kids. Im 15 btw. I think doctors go to the pill if your sexually active and mainly for adults. But a suggestion just from personal history.  I think you should stop doing things to stop it because your just making it worst. It seems it has to get out of your system no matter what so If you just eat healthy with some exercise; not strenuous exercise you will make your body say 'get it all out.' I really recommend seeing a doctor.
I know you might 'want' to stop your periods, most women would love that! None of us 'like' getting them, but i only 'wish' i could get them. I went into extreme early menopause at 33 years of age, and i will tell you, with all the incredible hormonal changes, etc, it is NOT a fun thing to go through! I am 37 now, and i am STILL going through all kinds of horrible symptoms! Be thankful you get them, trust me! It ***** i know, but it is the body's way of flushing out toxins, etc, and cleansing out your body.I am told that i am at high risk of getting things like uterine cancer, etc, and they put me on different types, and high doses of hormone pills, saying that these will induce periods, and that women need to get at least 4 periods a year, otherwise we are at high risk of these cancers. So don't mess with nature. These high doses and different types of hormone pills still won't bring on a period for me, and the doctors are at a loss of what else to do for me, other than an entire hysterectomy, and at my age, they really do not want to do that. But i will let you in on a little secret, if you are persistant at wanting this.... Many women who go in to the doctor's office and get the depo shot do actually stop getting periods at least temporarily. Good luck whatever you decide, but really think it over.
I had my period on the 18th, an it hasn't gotten any worse or better.  I literally have to change my tampon every hour. When I have the tampon in, this orange-clear fluid comes out, and it's extremely annoying. I had to go to school the next day, and the teachers wouldent let me go to the bathroom even if i told them i had my period.  I was so upset and crying by the end of the day, i just wanted to be dead. Then I went on a vacation this weekend, my underwear were
sopping wet by the end of the 3 hour trip (yes, I had a tampon in...).  It was worth it.  There was a nice tub and a great warm pool, and I could relax.  Then I went home.  The period hadn't gotten any lighter (maybe worse) than the first day.  There's no pool, and my mom treats me like I'm an *******. My tampons leak, I'm not getting better, and I am getting so desperate, I don't think my period is going to end this month.  I just want to be dead.
I know how you feel about all this.I'm going through the same as you and im only 13.I don't want any surgery or pills either.I just want it to stop.I finally got to go lighter by eating healthy and some exercise.It actually worked but if that don't help i really do suggest seeing a doctor even though a doctor could be a man.I had to tell a man doctor that i had started my period i was so embarrased but he told me some really good tips about my period.So i would really go to a doctor about this if my advice don't work.
i am on my period and i just want to get off of it. im only 12 and i am having cramps like all the time.i have been taking ibprofen and it helps for a little while then it just stops and i get the cramps again :( i am suppose to go to holiday world this friday and i want to swim and i dont want to stick anything up me :( and i want to be able to have a good time with my friends i dont want to go see a docter or take any birth control pills lol a little to young for that :( need HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can anyone help??...Im 14 I dont know when I have my period cause im very active in sports..so its off and on each month...it usually starts around the 20th, if i have it...but this month it came last night/this morning!...I hate my period, cause its not light at all!...it frekin flows like crazy!...and it doesnt get any lighter during the two weeks that i have it...it stay's pretty big, I dont like tampons so i use pads...but i wanna get on the pill cause if you do it only keeps you on for like 2 or 3 days..thats the only reason. but my mother doesnt let me...I just really want all of this BS to stop....Please someone give me spme ideas!...
You can shorten it by drinking lemon juice or at least shorten the flow
If your tampons leak really bad then try using something else like always pads they are thin and they have wings that wrap around your under pants and they do have them for all period types and they do come with a sent in them like baby powder so that is why I use them. because my periods are very heavy through my whole cycle so I know how you feel and it does suck I hate periods but there is nothing you can do about it but deal with them. you teachers can be rotten and mean and they do not care about kids I feel all they care about is there pay check and getting home as fast as they can. But I feel they need to get a heart and stop and think about they were young once and they need to give kids a break. well I hope this helps some. sign your caring friend.
I'm going on holiday on the 17th May for 2 weeks to DisneyWorld in Florida, I'm 12, nearly 13. I started my period on the 8th January, skipped 2 months (don't know why, but just left it, cos' I knew when you start it's irregular) then started on the 15th of April, so far on the two months I've had it it's been on for exactly 1 week. So for holiday, there's going to be waterparks and stuff, so I don't want to be on my period, (but i don't even know if it will be on hte 15th or what?) but I don't want to take the pill, or shove anything up me! Is there anything else I can do?? Please need advice, will appreciate anything :) xxx
I have been having extremely heavy periods for 3 years now, ever since I was 12! They always come at the same time each month but they are sooooo heavy! I can't take it anymore, and I'm tired of having to stay home for up to a week because of the scarily large amount of blood that comes out of me :( If I go to school, the blood leaks through the pads every time and I end up staining my pants and clothes :( I don't have any pain, just a little bloating. I use up one pad for extremely heavy flow in one hour. I'm too scared to put a tampon in and I don't know what to do anymore! I HAVE TO TAKE FINAL EXAMS DURING MY PERIOD THIS MONTH! I KNOW FOR A FACT I'M GOING TO LEAK! :'( Any advice? THANK YOU! :)
ok lanae24 i understand you i hate my period to but its apart of life and being a girl if you didnt have a period you would have a uterien cancer and have a type of disease .most girls are lucky to have a period.cause the blood that leaks out is good because it is is cleaning your  stomache from all the toxic inside or prevent it .dont worry about try not to think about it will be gone in a few days then your free the rest if the month then if you want it light just excercise,drink plenty of water,and use pads always they are very helpful dont hurt at all if your period is heavy get to pad and place them  on your underwear ok so consider it a good thing and plus dont think about tampons tampons are hurtful if you dont place it right just stick to pads and tamponss dnt hold blood long like pads do tampons hold 2hours and pads hold 4hours the longer the better.So dont be on pills neither they make you have a problem cause my cousin did that now she talking to her self so good luck lanea24
mine starts the 21st what i did is i marked down on the calender my "time of the month" and i used the one that was most freauent im 13 and started when i was 11 but i takes awhile for it to regulate