How to identify the ovulation time in late periods (usually three months)

We want to start our family since my wife is having delayed periods from the beginning, we are unable to identify the ovulation time so that she can get pregnant. I know the safe period factor in the regular period structure. But how to identify the same in delayed period and also to identify the ovulation time. Please advise on which dates we can consummate so that my wife has more probability of getting conceived.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there.  Having a long cycle makes it harder.  She will have to track it and if it is long but regular, then she can get an idea of when she ovulates as it is generally about two weeks before your period when you ovulate.  And sperm lives for about a week.  If she is not regular, there is no way to know when she ovulates.  Truth be told, predicting ovulation is challenging.  You can try ovulation kits to help predict.  But it would be expensive to use them during a really long cycle.  Remember that it takes a year for the average couple trying to conceive.  good luck
Even bbt charting can help