Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.5k Members

I used lotrisone cream on my vulva. Did I thin my skin?

While I was waiting for my BV and yeast culture to come back my Dr thought it might be a dermatitis as well. He gave me lotrisone cream and said 2×a day for 7 days. I put it on for 6 days. Very little. It started to tingle and burn near my minoras. I stopped. But it burned for 4 days. Now, it feels weird like crunchy. It looks ok. It just feels weird. I've spoken to Dr's who say 6 days was not long enough to thin the skin, and that it looks fine, but doesn't always feel fine. Coconut oil makes it feel better. Could I have damaged the skin somehow??? Thanks
4 Responses
134578 tn?1546634665
It doesn't sound like you "thinned the skin," even if your skin had a reaction.
1 Comments
Thank you for the reply.  If I thinned the skin, what would it look or feel like?
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
134578 tn?1546634665
Sorry, that first sentence was supposed to begin "I wish you would not just doctor-shop"

In other words, I hope you will try to find it in your heart to believe the doctor.
4 Comments
It has to be. How can I be fine and then use cream for 6 days and not look fine anymore. My obgyn my new one said yes....it can do that in that time frame...because the skin is already thin and sensitive to begin with. It absorbes the medication at a faster rate than regular skin. And then you add in all the moisture from the discharge from my infection and BAM!   Occlusion which causes atrophy at a faster rate.
I'm glad for your peace of mind that you have found a doctor to agree with you that the medicine caused your skin to thin.
Well, actually he didn't say all that. I came to that conclusion. But he did say it would thin the skin. Now, I've been to 2 dermatologist that say no it can't do that, but then look at me and say you are thin. When I wasn't thin before. They both say it looks like Lichens sclerosis  because of how thin it is. But I don't itch or have white patches. I went to a new midwife and she said, yeah your kinda thin, but it doesn't look like LS. There is nothing for me to biopsy. So, I'm just scared. I hope the steroid doesn't cause LS. Because I never used to have any problems with my vulva until I put the cream in the wrong places. I used this same cream 1 yr ago and it didn't do this. I used it on the majors only at that time for 7 days. I had forgotten not to put it in thin skin or near folds. So , now I feel so angry at myself and the Dr. Because I didn't need the cream at all. So, now I have to live with whatever mess I have now.
If your skin is thin, it will grow back.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.