MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Lighter bleeding

Hello everyone!
I'm 21 years old and ever since I've reached my 20s, my periods got significantly lighter-- they were never extremely heavy, but they used to last around 5-6 days, with days 2 & 3 being the heaviest. Now, they last around 4-5 days & the only heavy day is day 1 (& the beginning of day 2). However, my cycles got really regular & they always last 31-32 days (I've always had long cycles [33-34 days], but in the past it was nothing unusual for my periods to be 2 weeks late-- and now my periods are only occasionaly late [5-7 days], only when I'm sick or stressed out, so I don't really worry about it). Anyway, I'm just wondering-- if my cycles are regular, should I worry about the lighter bleeding? Other than the lighter bleeding, nothing has changed-- I still have cramps & breast tenderness before & during the first days of my period. I'll find any feedback useful (as I know I have a tendency to overreact sometimes), thank you!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.