Long duration of period

I'm 25 married. Since I'm not living with my husband for 4 month. Because that was an abusive relationships. So no physical contact. But last week I had 12days long periods. I consulted with doc.she said nothing to worrry about. It's that u r taking too much stress. Is that so stressed causes bleeding. I had an abortion 1year back.since I wasn't ready.i have no kids. Nor living with husband. Please help me wot can be done for this ..why this is been happening m
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi.  Well, I'm glad you got checked out by your doctor.  There really may be no explanation for this.  Is this unusual and a one off thing?  I'd start tracking your period and if it becomes more regular (happens month after month), they will probably probe deeper to find out why.  That IS outside of normal bleeding.  But for just one cycle or even two, it is probably nothing.  They may manipulate your hormones with birth control pills if it becomes the regular pattern.  Hopefully it won't.  Stress does affect our cycle and our hormones.  

Sorry about the abusive relationship---  glad you are not with him.  Don't be tempted to go back and stay safe.  good luck, hon