Lump near pubic bone

I am 20 years old and I have a lump on the right side of my vagina. It is near my pubic bone, near the hairline. You can't see it but you can feel it when you apply pressure and move in circular motion. It is about the size of a marble and does cause some pain, but nothing drastic. There is also some swelling around it. But I am very worried and tried researching on it. I really need some advice right now. Please, help me.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have a very small lump like pimple near my pelvic bone too recently and when close my leg, hurt abit cos it become slightly bigger and swell abit, quite the same as everyone describe but will wait till Monday, if still not subside, will c a lady doctor.

I will update you guys what's that? ok
Helpful - 0
hi, i have the same lump too. could it mean anything to do with being pregnant?
Helpful - 0
I also have a lump on the right side between the vagina and where my leg meets. You can't see it, but I can feel it, it feels about the size of a golf ball. It doesn't hurt when I push on it, but it feels strange.  I'm starting to get worried but i'm also hoping that it's just a swollen lymphnode.  I'm going to call the gyno tomorrow and make an appt!!
Helpful - 0
IM 16 aAND JUST FIND OUT THAT I HAVE A LIL BLACKISHPURPLE LUMP IN MY  PRIVATE IT COMES AND GOES EVERYTIME I GET OUT OF THE SHOWER.. WHAT CAN IT BE AND OF CORSE ME I ASUME I HAVE CANCER IM SO FREAKIN SCARED...
Helpful - 0
i have had a lump for over year, it has been draining for almost a year
Helpful - 0
My daughter had a lump and found out it was a hernia.  We got her to have it fixed as it was causing discomfort...otherwise we might have just left it alone...my daughter says that it wasn't a difficult surgery and she felt little discomfort from it.  I myself have had three lumps removed. one was a stitch left over from my pregnancy that 6 years later had formed a rather large cyst (size of a quarter) just on the bottom inside of my vagina that I had to have removed.  One was from a very swollen hair follicle (about the size of a nickle) that got infected because of shaving and I had that removed and that was on my outer vulva.  And the other time I had mono and I had a very badly and painfully swollen lymph node at which also spread to the other side two weeks later.  So you see there are many things a lump can come from and not just cancer.  The important thing is that you don't ignore them, but get them checked out as most all are simple and have simple cures.  Hope this helps the fear that some of you have.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.