Lump near pubic bone

I am 20 years old and I have a lump on the right side of my vagina. It is near my pubic bone, near the hairline. You can't see it but you can feel it when you apply pressure and move in circular motion. It is about the size of a marble and does cause some pain, but nothing drastic. There is also some swelling around it. But I am very worried and tried researching on it. I really need some advice right now. Please, help me.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
im 15  and i have 5 , pea sized lumps theyve gradually got bigger over the past 3 weeks and about half an hour ago whilst having a shower i got a pain like an electric shock in one of them as the water was on them. im panickingg,what is it? whatt should i do??
Helpful - 0
I DO TOO On the right side near my pelvic bone I just found it today and it's totally freaked me out I mean I leave for vacation in one month and my dr is on vacation now ugh. cancer runs in the family so it has totally freaked me out.
So I googled it..
Usually I ask my mom about stuff like this but she passed away on Dec 10 2009 and now :( Mom had breast cancer in 05 and she died of lung cancer.. I just am totally freaking out
Helpful - 0
9 times out of 10 it's probably a cyst or ingrown hair... I get them sometimes when I shave... though not usually on my labia.  For me they usually appear around the hair line where I shave on the abdomen or inner leg, but I have had them once or twice on the labia... in fact I am just getting over one right now.  They'll usually pop on their own if you soak in a hot bath... but if they don't (which I found was the case with this last one) then go to the doctor.  

If, like me, you can't afford a doctor's visit... then slice up some garlic and secure it with a bandage over the infected area.  I know it sounds gross, but the garlic will draw out the infection and allow it to drain naturally.  I went from having a huge lump and a low grade fever a couple days ago to having a normal temperature and a much reduced lump today.  This morning when I took off the garlic poultice, I found that not only had the infection come to a head, but I was able to remove the hard puss that surrounded the ingrown hair.  

The important thing is not to panic... if your family has a history of cancer then by all means go to the doctor, (if for no other reason than to give yourself peace of mind...) but if you shave in the area that the lump is found, then it is probably just an ingrown hair that has become infected.
Helpful - 0
About 3 years ago i developed a very small hard lump in my public hair area, i assumed it was an ingrowing hair but it never went away. When i used to get waxed the lady said she thought it was a small blind boil probably caused by an ingrowing hair. Later developed another one just below it. Because of this i stopped shaving and waxing to prevent the problem. I havent had one for years the same two have remained, not causing any problems, not getting bigger or smaller, itchy or anything. Just two small hard lumps. Now recently i have developed two more more at the same time but one is directly in the top creavse of my vagina and the other is in the public area. I now have four of this little lumps!!! I have no idea of what they are or what to do? Getting to the doctors can be difficult for me and i would rather not waste the doctors time on blind boils. Could they be cysts? Has anyone else had these and does anyone have any idea what they could be?
Helpful - 0
i have a big lump on my top pubic vagina bone the lump is about a two piece big and it moves when touched what shall i do has anyone else had this please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! k
Helpful - 0
These postings have been really helpful, since I also located a lump the other morning on the right side of my pubic triangle, which scared me to death. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the way my period's been behaving lately. I come on and then it disappears and takes several days to reappear. But maybe I've got polyps as well. God knows!
I'm amazed to see that some people are having trouble getting to see their GP/doctor about this immediately. In the UK most community doctors run 'emergency' surgeries where if you turn up early enough they'll see you that morning. Or there's always the A&E (ER) department at your local hospital where, if you're prepared to sit for an hour or so, you can see a doctor.
Regarding the poor girl who feels too embarrassed to tell her mum, you're not a 'freak'; it sounds like it's your mum that's unapproachable about certain matters. But this is about your health, and possibly your life, so talk to her, or to another adult you can trust. It's her job to look after you.

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.