Missed period for 4 months, last period was 11/24/17, what is wrong?

All I have are hot flashes, no bleeding or cramps. I'm not pregnant, I've taken multiple tests and they all come out negative.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Sounds like your estrogen is low. Have your doc check your hormone levels. You might have a cyst or something else going on.
When I was pregnant with my little boy 6 years ago my obgyn told me I had cysts but they weren't bad (they checked it). That day I found out my family (on my mom's side) has ovarian cancer, breast cancer, and ovarian cysts. I don't have medical insurance and I don't get paid enough to see anyone about it, but it has me worried that something isn't right, I'm usually normal but instead I've missed 4 periods.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I had really long cycles for over a year in which I had periods every 3 to 4 months BUT, lucky me, got pms symptoms starting at three weeks in and they lasted the whole time.  What a joy, right?  What my issue was included a slow thyroid which they call hypothyroidism and also a hormone imbalance in which I actually produced TOO MUCH estrogen.  Those combined were deadly to my cycle.  For me, they self regulated out of nowhere.  I was on my way to an endocrinologist as in waiting for my appointment as it took a while to get one and thankfully it all resolved on it's own.  I have been regular ever since.  good luck
Thanks, How would I recognize the signs?