Mucus Coming Out of Vagina?

I am 11, I have not had my period, and the mucus coming out has only been coming out for a few months. It is not thick yet and is a pale white. It smells like my vagina. Is it supposed to smell like that?
It's completely normal for women to have vaginal discharge. This is just all part of being a women, and every girl starts to see it during puberty and it will stay during your life. The only time you should be worried is if the colour changes to a yellow/grey or green colour, has a really bad smell or itches or anything...then you would need to see a doctor. But other than that it's normal.
Yes it's supposed to smell like that! It's absolutely normal and every girl gets it. I got it for almost 2 years before I even get my period! I started getting the mucus when I was 11 too! Hope this helps! Good luck!

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community