Pregnancy or problems with BC?

On March 21st and March 29th I had unprotected sex while on Junel birth control. I had my period from March 24th through March 27th. Yesterday, May 5th, I had pain in my uterus that felt like ovulation. However, I know this shouldn't be happening because I am on the pill. Today, along with a little less of that pain, I am having brown, thick discharge. I've read that sometimes the horomones in the pill a gal takes might not be strong enough and can therefor cause breakthrough bleeding. But I've also read that this brown discharge can be a sign of implantation and pregnancy.
I am very concerned as none of this makes sense. I do not want to be pregnant, which is why I am on Birth Control in the first place.
I have serious anxiety, so hopefully someone can help me pretty quickly!
Do I need to get a pregnancy test? I'm too afraid to go to my parents while I'm still this unsure because they think that I haven't had sex in a couple months. (I broke up with the last guy but am seeing someone else without them knowing)
Thank you.
UPDATE: the bleeding has increased to that of a light to medium day of period flow. It's red and a tish less mucous-y. What does this mean?
Intermenstrual bleeding may be due to many causes. If it was after intercourse or masturbation then chances of genital infection or cervical polyps are there.They are tiny, harmless growths on the outer surface of the cervix and can bleed after intense sexual intercourse.Stress and anxiety can also cause intermenstrual bleeding.

Other causes may be uterine fibroids,miscarriage after a pregnancy, fluctuation in hormone levels, use of anticoagulant drugs and hypothyroidism.

Please get yourself evaluated by a gynecologist as pelvic examination and investigations are required to confirm a diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community