"Red splotches" near cervix--biopsy taken

Hello--trying not to freak out over here, so I'm hoping someone here can help me out.

I'm 24 years old and just recently had my first ever pap test. Since it was my first time going in, my OBGYN tested me for everything. No STDs, the vaginal pap came back negative for anything, and the cervical pap came back abnormal--which she said was probably HPV but probably not much to worry about since I'm young and it will likely go away on it's own and it's just something to check back with next year.

However, she noted what she called "red splotches" near my cervix on the vaginal wall which she was quite confounded about. At first we thought it might have been bruising because I had had sex very soon before my first appointment, but at my follow up they were still there and as red as they were when she first saw them. I hadn't had sex for over a week so it wasn't bruising.

She decided to do a biopsy of the red area and I'm now waiting for results, but getting more terrified the more I read. She said it was strange because the red spots are not raisied and they dont bleed when touched. She mentioned it could be 'adenosis' but that's very rare/unlikely because of my age.

Does anyone know what this might be? Is this a symptom for vaginal cancer? Everywhere I've looked has not mentioned this redness as a symptom of vaginal or even cervical cancer, but symptoms can be different for everyone..It doesn't hurt, I have normal periods, and if I hadn't gone to the OBGYN I probably never would have known.

Does anyone know what it might be, or have any experience with this?