STD testing

Does anyone know if most gynecologists can test for herpes? If not, where should one go to be tested? Does anyone know how much that procedure costs?
Yes they can test for herpes. The will either take a culture of the area if there are any sores or they will take blood test. The culture I hear is more accurate.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Yes, agreed. OB/GYN's test and treat for all std's and HIV.  good luck
They can, but you'll have to specifically ask for the test. If you have sores that you think could be herpes they can do a swab or they can do a blood test. Just remember to get tested in the right time frame. Herpes will usually not not show in a blood test until 6 weeks or more I believe.