Sore Breasts over 10 days?

Hi I am 19 nearly 20 years old and my boobs have been sore for past a week now, 10 days ish. I have the nexplanon contraceptaion implant however it is almost time to get a new one (hitting my three year mark) in february. At first it was both of my boobs, nipple and all that was sore. Now it's just the underboob/side boob that feels sore. There's no way that I'm pregnant being on nexplanon (even took a test to make sure). Im wondering if its possible that they're growing?? They havent grown in years though so thats whats confusing me. Also I havent had a period in over a year (which is normal) due to my nexplanon implant. My boobs used to get sore before periods for about a day, but that is no longer since i don't get my period anymore. Im wondering if its possible side effect from nexplanon? However, i havent had this side effect before and I'm close to the end of my 3 year mark where I'm no longer getting side effects from it, like i did in my first year with it. Any advice would be very enlightening!!
It could be the nexplanon and that it's getting time to replace it, or a side effect of it, but it's worth talking to your doctor about it. Since both boobs are sore, it's not likely to be cancer.

Good luck!

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community