What is this clear or white stuff in my panties?

So, im 13 years old, never had sex before, never had my period, but im kinda worried because there is this white and clear, sometimes a little yellow stuff in my underwear. Sometimes after school there is so much of it it makes my jeans damp. i dont know what to do. Its not urine at all because it is thicker. i have just been putting a wad of toilet paper in my panties before school or before i go to bed. should i be worried, what is happening?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Ask your mom to buy you some pantiliners. The discharge is just nature's way of cleaning out your vagina and keeping it nice and fresh. It will be milky white most of your cycle and clear and thick like eggwhite, at the center of your menstrual month (between periods). If this is happening, it won't be long before your periods start.

Pantiliners are great. They stick on your underwear and don't slide around. If you get the kind that are individually wrapped, you can change every time you go to the loo.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community