What to do about frequent yeast infections?

It's embarrassing, it's disgusting, and it takes away one of the few joys I get out of life - sex. I am so tired of yeast infections. If anything makes me want to stop being a woman and turn into a man, it would be a yeast infection. I would even declare that these things have given me depression!!

Does anyone have advice for treating these ASAP and, of course, methods for keeping them away?
Three things come to mind - have you had your sugar checked?  

Have you ever been treated with oral diflucan (which I found to be more effective than the vaginal creams);  

Has your partner treated... I know yeast isn't like an STD... but if you have the same partner and he has some yeast on his penis, I would imagine that it could be given back to you.  (just a thought);  

Other things you could try... cotton panties, non-dye detergent and fabric softeners, Always keep the area clean and dry - especially after working out when you sweat, and after swimming (get out of the swimsuit fast);  You might also want to try taking an over the counter probiotic just to make sure your GI tract has all of the good bacteria.

I hope some of this helps - good luck.  I suffered with them horribly with my third pregnancy and it was because my blood glucose was slightly elevated.  After I delivered, I didn't have any more problems.  
Thank you very much for your reply.

I suppose my blood sugar is a possibility, though I doubt it. I'm not overweight and my sugar intake tends to be low; in fact, sometimes I get jittery and I thought it was because of low blood sugar. I haven't been tested, so I could be false...

My doctor has given me oral pills for my yeast infection treatment on multiple occasions; in fact, I seem to have yeast every time I get checked. It definitely helps with the itching and smell; however, the soreness around my entrance seems to take longer to go away.

I considered it being my partner, though it seemed unlikely. Would an over the counter cream treatment be okay for him? I know that may sound silly; but, his insurance won't cover a doctors visit for awhile.

All my panties are cotton; in fact, since I'm home a lot, I tend to go commando often. I don't own tight clothes and I try to clean her often, just with some gentle scrubbing on the outside with a wash cloth.

I have a yogurt a day, though that may not be good enough... What a mess.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community