MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

What would the effect be of having sex after a delayed period should have started?

Okay, so my period was going on five days late, I was expecting it any day and then I lost my virginity. My period was already late, but now it still hasn't showed up. Is it at all likely that I could be pregnant? It has now been 42 days since my last period, and I have no idea what to think.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Irregularities with your period is not unusual even without pregnancy, but if you did not use protection you should absolutely test yourself for pregnancy just in case.
Remember in the future to never rely on your cycles as an effective method of birth control, since as I mentioned, period irregularities are not uncommon. And condoms protect against more than just pregnancies, right? c:
Helpful - 0
Yes your probably pregnant be sure to stay come and tell the baby daddy relax
Helpful - 0
Take a test. No one here can tell you if you're pregnant or not.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.