When is it normal PMS or out of control PMS?

Most every woman is familiar with pms. We are SO lucky!  Ha ha.  There are actual levels to pms.  And at the far end of it, it is actually a psychiatric disorder.  And it encompasses everything in between. How do you know if your pms is normal or if it is out of control pms?  
You can do something that you are usually interested in, let yourself forget about unhappy things, and try to keep your mood happy. You can also do more exercise, such as running, swimming, cycling, yoga, etc., which not only can alleviate or even eradicate the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome, but also reduce work stress and reduce your chance of suffering from heart disease.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I can become emotionally unstable during PMS. As in I am prone to feeling really sad, comfort eating in an unhealthy way and volatile where I 'might' let it rip and yell at my kids. ugh.  I have to work hard to identify that it's the hormones and control it. Then there is the shame when I can't.  But I do know people that are treated for PMDD that have pain that is incredible (like level 9 or 10) and depression and anxiety that greatly impacts them beyond just crying over Hallmark movies and being irritated your kids asked you for another snack when you just made them one. I do, however, as I near the golden years of menopause wonder if I'm moving more toward the unstable PMS than the regular PMS. lol  Roar, I can be grumpy!