Why do I have irregular long, heavy periods?

I also bleed when I have sex (these have been problems for over a year when they weren’t problems before) and I have been to an obgyn multiple times and no std’s, or pregnancy. Also I am only 20.
Has the ob/gyn done a pap smear, an ultrasound and ordered an abdominal MRI to look at the uterus?
COMMUNITY LEADER
You are young!  When I was in my 20's, I had a hormone imbalance.  It appears when estrogen and progesterone are imbalanced, you can have irregular bleeding and abnormally heavy periods. https://www.chop.edu/conditions-diseases/heavy-menstrual-bleeding-menorrhagia  Other reasons are things like fibroids or endometriosis. None is serious if any of those.  But when the current health crisis is over, I'd see your ob/gyn or primary care doctor or go to a clinic and they will likely do blood work to check your hormone levels and if they need to be 'rebalanced' and after that do a pap to check you out.  Let us know how you are doing!!