antibiotics and antivirals

I am being treated for a urinary infections with both antibiotics (Cipro) and antivirals (valtrex) because the cause is unknown.
My question is, is it safe to mix both medicines?
To be safe, maybe wait an hour after the first pill. Another suggestion is talk to you pharmacist. They should be able to answer.
Do not take Cipro with calcium, milk, yogurt, probiotics or with Nexium (which contains magnesium). Cipro is a quinalone, and is effective against mycobacteria, which don't have cell walls, but is not effective against other many strains of bacteria. The taking of an anti-viral is a mixed blessing. Go to the FDA site for information on Valtrex. A culture should have been taken, but this isn't done very often these days. Cipro is contraindicated during pregnancy because it interferes with cell replication, essential to the development of the fetus.