buzzing/vibration

What causes a buzzing/vibration in the groin or pubic area?
Thank God I am NOT crazy.  I have been experiencing a vibrating sensation in my pelvic bone for quite a few months.  When it first happened, I kept looking at my phone because it felt like it was vibrating (not unlike what many of you stated).  Usually it was on again off again.  Today however I have felt it every 2 seconds ALL DAY LONG.  Its driving me crazy.  I too have had back injury issues as well.  In addition, I have had a hip socket problem the last several weeks so maybe it is a nerve issue.  Reading all these postings gives me hope that if I go see my Dr. he wont look at me as though I am crazy.  I hope so at least.  Thank you all!!
I am 47 years old and have been experiencing the exact same vibrations in my lower abdomen for about 2 weeks now on and off. It is not painful as the rest stated, but it does make you think about a cell phone. I think
I had this months ago only when I laid down, I lifted my mattress, looked up the bed and everything looking for a cell phone.  When it came back
I now can feel the exact area.  I also questioned a few people I work with who say they have also had this feeling, but no one has been to a doctor to check it out.  We all need to know, our body is trying to tell us something.
A chiropractor really does work.  After only two visits the buzzing has completely stopped.  If anyone lives in Fresno or Clovis California, go see Dri Clymore at Harbin/Clymore Chiropractic and you will be cured.  Need to go ASAP it really works.  No more annoying buzzing.  Yes, your back is either out of alignment or you have a pinched nerve.  Don't waste precious time putting up with that annoying buzzing.  Call now. 559-439-4439.
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Wow, SO glad to know it's not all in my mind! I too thought it was the cell phone. Left lower abdomen. I sit all day long at the computer and am wondering if that is the main culprit. I don't take any type of medications so it couldn't be that. I have a unique chair at another location that I'm going to bring home and start trying. It's the kind where you sit on your knees. I'm hoping that will help resolve the issue - must be a nerve.

Thanks to everyone for their comments. I too thought it might be very serious and will certainly mention it to my doctor next time I see him, but I'm now a bit relieved thinking it might be a nerve problem. I'm also going to try exercising more and taking more breaks to walk around.
I too, in my lower right part of the abdomen. Im guessing at the lowest part of the large intestine? Very wierd felling. Kind of hard to sleep at night since the feeling is quite annoying. Almost feels like a little battery powered hot wheels car spinning it's wheels on my stomach. Sigh. . . . Is it lethal or dangerous? Will it go away? Any help would be appreciated. My diet is good, not constipation, high fiber, I exercise, drink water, and have not had any history of digestive problems.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Reading again I think you have a urinary tract infection which is only cured with antibiotics - you can get at Planned Parenthood or the Dr office.
Best of luck girl!
I also have had this slight "buzzing" in my left groin area, lasting maybe 2 or 3 seconds at the most.  Have experienced this "buzzing" before though .in my right breast...I had been carrying a cell phone in my coat pocket over my breast, so I attributed it to that....not the case tho'..looked online and was surprised to see so many others with the same odd sensations...and looks when you say ,oh there's a call coming in...and then realizing there is No phone in your pocket...just the vibration...interesting now it has moved to my groin for the past month...intermittingly...my neck has degenerating disk disease..so I think that is an underlying condition as well as my legs have really begun to ache throuhout the night causing restless sleep....whatever is causing my groin to buzz , may be causing achy legs too..maybe pinched nerve somewhere....it does make sense
Same here...i'll be 35 in april and as of maybe 2-3 months ago..I'll experience vibrations on my pubic bone also,i,LOL,thought it may have been from use of a sexual toy (on rare occasion) but i am SO glad i'm not the only one to feel this 'phantom' buzzing.I am not shy and will most definitly ask my gyno.
I am going crazy by the buzzing in my lower right abdomen.  I have searched and searched for maybe an answer but found none.  Now, I don't want to go to the Doctor, because what will they tell me?  Probably nothing and gladly take my money. I don't have back problems and never have.  I am at a loss here.  I guess I just suck it up and deal with it. If anyone has an answer, please post it! I also have severe Tinitus which also drives me crazy! All these wierd annoying tweeks will drive me to a nut house soon enough! I need some help...
I know this is a womens forum....but this buzzing has plagued my 7 yr old son for a yr..... It usually appears in his tummy or chest....but recently on his knees and once in his head!!! Ive mentioned this to his pediatrician.....didnt seem concerned. What could this be and How do I stop it? He is very active,,,thin,,,and he panics when these buzzing vibrating attacks come on.
I'm 54 years old and have been experiencing the same buzzing sensation for about 2-3 months now.  It is very rhythmic, lasts one second with a two second pause.  It's located on the front right side of my pubic area, right over the pubic bone. It feels like a nerve so I try to rub it to see if I can "disturb" the pattern or hopefully stop it, but nothing works. I so happy to hear I'm not the only one experiencing this (but sorry others are having the same problem) because it does drive you NUTS!  I've considered everything, (including alien abduction with implants, lol) and can't come up with any plausible solution.  Please, please, please if anyone finds the answer post it in all CAPS so we can all find peace and sanity.
Please or to view.
i had this about 4 years ago, my chiro fixed it.  it has come back full force now & yes it is SOOOOO annoying.  i've been seeing an accupuncturist for other issues & realized it had gone away but has been back being i've not seen him in 2 weeks.  saw my chiro last week & it left again.  last nite it was hard to go to sleep & it's constant now so i'll be letting him know on fri.  anyone & everyone should seek out a good chiro & accupuncturist for most of their ailments before resorting to regular docs & drugs....if not happy with one, try another.  there are great ones & there are bad ones!  anyone in the detroit area see EAST DETROIT CHIRO CLINIC  586 774 1550!  
Please or to view.
I am 30 years old and I just had a c-section 3 months ago. I have had a constant vibrating sensation over my left ovary for the last 24hrs and I just started feeling it under my pubic bone. Could this be related to scar tissue from my surgery or is it something more serious? I have no back problems, i am not on any medications and I have no history of any diseases. I did have an IUD put in about 6 weeks ago. There is a history of ALS in my family, I hope this has nothing to do with that. I've experienced muscle spasms but this is something entirely different. I'm starting to get really worried. Has anyone had a diagnoses from a doctor???
I too have noticed a vibrating/buzzing in my lower abdomen  - which almost seems to be coming from the womb hence I thought I had some gynae problems. Having input 'buzzing in the womb' on google and been directed to this site I was intrigued to see so many with similar symptoms. I thought I might sound daft if I tried to explain this to a doctor - but now shall go visit. I have been suffering also with lower back pain now for over 2 years, which makes sleeping uncomfortable.
Thank you to all who have given advice, this has been most helpful
Please or to view.
Mine is almost exactly like yours, except to the right of the pubic bone and more in the place where the inner thigh attaches to the lower groin. But the rhythm sounds identical. Did anything ever help you. I'm going bonkers!
Hey.. I started feeling this weird sensation as well.. Have you yet to find out what it was for you? I am so paranoid.. I dont know what to think about it!
~~Lew
I have exact sensation as you had/have. I noticed it 4 days ago. It is now feeling of numbness to my buttoks and also genital area.

I am 53 and had not much health issue, at least recently.

Could you please tell me what happend to your symptoms. I really appreciate it.

you can email me on ***@****
58 year old male, my buzzing started yesterday just before a 3 mile run. Rhythmic, 2 seconds on 5 seconds off. Fells like mild buzzing just below and in front of my tail bone. Doesn't matter what position I am in. Any health professional out there willing to guess what this is? Seems like many of us have the same symptoms.
I had been feeling a rythmic, mechanical like movement in my stomach for the last 6 years now....and didn't know what to do. I thought I was literally losing my mind until one day it just went away. sometimes you just have to wait it out and hope that nerve controlling everything will get under control. hope this helps.
I've had exactly the same for about 3 days now - vibrating, buzzing, humming in my lower left abdomen. Thought it could be something wrong with my bowels? Also got paranoid that I was pregnant - impossible for the moment though :)
I think it must be something to do with muscles as it is very similar to vibration of an eye lid. I've researched a lot and come to a conclusion that it could be one of those:
1 - parasites releasing toxins, which irritate nervous system and this causes muscle contraction
2 - problems with a spine - some nerves are irritated and this causes muscle contraction
3 - blockage in a lymp that causes muscles to contract

I am not a doctor, but in my opinion there is nothing to worry about, however it is definitely worth seeing a doctor or chiropractor.

What do you reckon?

What do you reckon?
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
Please or to view.
I have had these sensations for months, sometimes worse than other times, it coincides with lower back pain I have that was caused by car accident injuries. Today I had a transforaminal spinal injection and all the buzzing, spasm, pain in groin and lower pelvic region disappeared for a blessed 2 hours. It was awful when it returned bc it was much more amplified.  I know I have pinched nerves L 4 and 4 and S 1 and 2 but now wondering if they are further down too
Please or to view.
Thanks for the most scientific reply, but I am not getting botox in the groin or the eye.
Most people here might be interested in reading a thin yellow book called Kundalini Experience by Lee Sanella MD. Good luck with that, you're going to need it.
To the girl (and anybody else) with the inflamed privates... I had a similar situation which was relieved by applying Calendula oil topically. No side affects, and it doesn't burn when applied. Even if you do need a doc, this will help ease the symptoms while you're waiting for your office visit (which can sometimes be a week or more away!). Look for it at any health food store or vitamin shop. (Or shop online!)
Please or to view.
55 year old maIe with no medical history except for an appendectomy about five years ago.
Several days ago I reached for my cell phone, and realized the buzzing sensation was coming from just below my navel. This happened to me seemingly out of the blue.  I was also having a lot of back pain.-something I never get- but I didn't make the connection till I read  these posts.
Im amazed at how specific the symptoms are and that people here described it like I did. It lasts between  5 to 20 seconds, stops for several minutes, then starts again. This cycle is repeated several hours apart.
My best guess is that it has something to do with irritated nerves from my lower back but I don't know why I feel the vibration just above my pubic bone.
Hey I'm just really glad I'm not the only one with this "sy fy" physcal experience.
I know its very annoying feeling had the buzzing for 3 weeks now driving me crazy I told my obgyn He said never heard of that situation.
Its very annoying I'm 45 going on for 3 weeks now , all the time told my ob gun He's never heard of it
Omg! I'm only 23 but I'm already experiencing this! It's so good to feel that I'm not the only one.. but what is it-? It's really sad to not know what's this annoying feeling. I even dont know if it's a good or a bad sign for my health.. :(
Thanx! This gives me a HUGE sigh of relief!
Yes, I have these buzzing sensations in my upper groin area!  On and off for a couple of years now.  I just reached for my mobile phone...!!
Please or to view.
Have you found anything else out as to what this might be? I am 34 with 3 lumbar surgeries and 1 cervical surgery under my belt lol I too have just been diagnosed with lumbar, Thorasic and now cervical scoliosis which am told is due to the changes to the structure of my spine from these damn surgeries. I first noticed this totally weird buzzzzing or vibrating sensation probably 6 months ago and have had it come and go probably 3-5 times some lasting a day or two and currently this episode has been going on a week now. Same description as many others such as a low cell phone or pager vibration not intense very subtle but soooo annoying! I too thought as I have read on here that I was preggers again even though hubby had a vasectomy and actually started my period yesterday with no let up of the buzzzzzz. Then I thought in my last surgery which was Oct 2015 did a dr leave something in me lol then thought of aliens... Hey you never know then thought I had some terminal cancer or disease or a parasite and well I have no answer to this and am starting to really wonder WTF IS THIS???? I did notice that it does go away for a bit but returns and with no real obvious reason. I think I'm going to make a journal while it's still happening and maybe I can see a pattern or notice what makes it happen or go away. I guess I should make a Gyno appointment but who likes going there? I don't!!! Plus I've been to over 8 appointments in the last 5 days with different Neuro,Ortho, and in between  surgeons now trying to figure out what to do about my once again 5 level nerve and spinal cord impingement from my C3-C7 as well has sever degenerative disk disease throughout my entire spine!!!! Ohhhhh yippee so please I beg of you if anyone knows what this could or might be pleaseeeee tell us!!!!
It;d be nice if a an update could happen and if these people have to live with this! I hate this and it's only been a week
Please or to view.