calcified cyst

Has anyone ever heard of this??  About 4 years ago I had a vaginal hysterectomy but still have my ovaries. No problems from that, up until a couple months ago... Due to abnormal bleeding, I had a pelvic/vaginal ultrasound last month and it revealed a cyst on one ovary, which doesn't concern me, but what does concern me is I  have a "calcified cyst" on the vaginal cusp<--that is where I was sewn up on the inside where the uterus was.  I won't get in to see the gynecologist until Dec 3, and in the meantime I have been trying to find information on this but haven't found anything. My regular doctor said she had never heard of it.
Any comments, info or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
Once a cyst has calcified, it will not go away on its own, like most cysts do. It has to be removed. But it isn't necessarily cancer. However, all surgical excisions routinely go to pathologist for examination. You will get a pathology report after the surgery, that will say whether it was cancerous or not. Probably it won't be. Wait and see.
Welcome to MedHelp, furious_curious.  The last post in this thread is from 2009, so I suspect the OP has resolved this issue.  If you need help finding more current content, please let us know!