can I take Duphaston while on my period?

hello. I am 24 years old and I am using Duphaston for the first time for Dysmenorrhea. I am supposed to  start taking them from day 5, but I am still on my period. my question is, if I start taking them now, will my period end when it would normally end or will it be prolonged due to the fact that progesterone builds new endometrium and the new endometrium will also fall?
COMMUNITY LEADER
I would follow the directions as given.  even if still spotting!  When you look at the use of Duphaston for dysmenorea, it is very clear to take it starting on day 5 of cycle to day 25 and you have to do it for at least 6 months.  So, I'd go with exactly that as that is the indication and proper dosage for that condition.  Let us know how it works for you!
Thank you :)