cramps without period

I am experiencing period like cramps for the past few days and i am not due to have my period untill next week (11th jan) my last period finished on the 19th dec.  I was on 5 day course of antibiotics which ended on the 20th dec.  I am on the pill.  I had unprotected sex on the 26 and 28 of dec. I am aware that antibiotics affect the pill and that extra protection must be made for 7 days after stoping antibiotics but i had sex 6 days afterwards and i wasnt protected my a condom.  I have looked at other websites that tell me that period like cramps are an early sign of pregnancy and i am quite worried as i have never experienced period like cramps without a period before.  I doubt my period will come (if it does) untill i am due next week because my periods are always regular.  I do not have anyother symptoms.  I really need someones help as i have tried other forums with no luck and i would be very very greatful if someone could help me and let me know if this cramping is normal or if i could be pregnant.  Please some one help me as i am quite worried
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
heres one for you all, please help me understand this, i gave birth 7 months ago, had period when baby was 8 weeks old, skipped a load o periods (Probably hormones) then had period 6th july, due for another this week, but ive had constant tummy cramps for a week, and it feels like just before a period starts but ive had no bleeding and my breasts are leaking milk although i never breast fed and it dried up within weeks of giving birth its started again, did a pregnancy test today but negative although im not due til wednesday, what do you think??
Helpful - 0
I am on a birth control that makes me only have 4 periods a year. I have not been taking them at the same time every day. I have had to pee a lot lately. And just recently I have been experiencing the WORST CRAMPS but I am not expecting my period for 2 more months. Any ideas?
Helpful - 0
I'm 24 and my periods aren't regular, last month it was the 14th and then the month before it was the 1st, I haven't had my period for this month, but for about two weeks or so I have been having cramps through out the day, I'm not on the pill or anything else. My cramps come and go and some are stronger than others I need to know what it could be, anybody??
Helpful - 0
Hi I am 25 years old and had my period about 2 wks ago it was a light period but, I noticed it didn't have no blood clots what so ever...I've been getting these god offly cramps in my uterus/ovaries.  This pain hurts so badly to the point where I just have to curl up in a ball or either lay on my sides on my bed in order for them to go away.  Now my husband and myself have been trying to get preg. for 4 years and nothing and I have never had this but, it hurts someone please give me some advice on what it may be please.
Helpful - 0
Hi I came off the pil t the end of June and have had unprotected sex since, I wasn't sure when I ws sposed to get a natural period but last monday I had  brown discharge which I thought was it, but no blood or clots, I took a preg test and its positive, although a very faint line!!! I'm not sure if this is similar to you. . .
Helpful - 0
I've also had cramps in lower abdomen
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.