cramps without period

I am experiencing period like cramps for the past few days and i am not due to have my period untill next week (11th jan) my last period finished on the 19th dec.  I was on 5 day course of antibiotics which ended on the 20th dec.  I am on the pill.  I had unprotected sex on the 26 and 28 of dec. I am aware that antibiotics affect the pill and that extra protection must be made for 7 days after stoping antibiotics but i had sex 6 days afterwards and i wasnt protected my a condom.  I have looked at other websites that tell me that period like cramps are an early sign of pregnancy and i am quite worried as i have never experienced period like cramps without a period before.  I doubt my period will come (if it does) untill i am due next week because my periods are always regular.  I do not have anyother symptoms.  I really need someones help as i have tried other forums with no luck and i would be very very greatful if someone could help me and let me know if this cramping is normal or if i could be pregnant.  Please some one help me as i am quite worried
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Well there was a little brown but, discharge, it started off as a regular period but, it was really light not like normal.  I didn't see any clots thought it was odd but, really didn't think anything of it until these cramps kicked in.  Some are very painful some are just a little discomforting.  My sister seems to think I am going to get a really nasty period soon.  But, if and with a prayer answer I am preg it would be a merical.
Helpful - 0
I had my last menstral period on the 21st of July.  It's now the 1st of Sept and still no period!!  My cycles are regular, but instead of being 28 days, they are 35 days. I feel slight cramping, but no other pregnancy symptoms. Should I wait to take a pregnancy test or wait to see if my cycle starts? Someone Please help.
Helpful - 0

My period is 4 days late, i was sick a couple of times in the morning last week but have been feeling sick on and off since then. I have also been getting period like cramps and pain in my lower back! I have this morning taken my 4th HPT two different brands but they all say negative im really scared and confused but if my period dont start by friday i will go straight to the doctor.
Helpful - 0
Hello all.  I too experienced menstrual like cramps last week  (a week and a half before my was due period).  I  had nausea and hot flashes and at one time, thought I was coming down with the flu because I had a fever.  My period is actually due today, but so far, it's a no show, despite feeling like it is happening.  My husband and I are trying to get pregnant.  I normally only experience cramps on the day of my period.  I took a HPT on 10 DPO and it was negative.  I haven't tested again.  I am thinking about testing this weekend if my period doesn't show by then. It is so disappointing getting a negative.  Anyone else going through these symptoms.  This morning I was super mean to my husband, but I thought it was just PMS.  The wait to find out is so cruel.
Helpful - 0
I am experiencing the same thing, i just got off of my period a week 3 days ago, i had sex the last day of my period which only lasts 3 days, i was suppose to start ovulating yesterday but i haven't had the same symptoms as usual, just period like cramps, a little nausea and wanting to eat certain things like fried foods, smelling food when there is none around, and i have been having slight headaches for the past 3 days. i do have two children, but if i am pregnant, this one seems to be a little different than the others.
Helpful - 0

I had unprotected sex last August 13. I had bleeding on the 15th which I suppose was my period since it always come on or around that date. A week after that I experience period like cramps and feeling full and then frequent urinating . I was thinking I might be pregnant or had an infection so I went to the doctor Sept 4. She said it was too early to tell if I am pregnant referring to the date of my last period and was told to come back on Sept 16 (tomorrow) for pregnancy test. However the doctor had me take urine analysis and pap smear that time. The urine test result was okay but the pap smear I will know tomorrow. The cramping and frequent urinating continue so. I was supposed to do home pregnancy test today but Saturday night September 13 I started to have spotting and Sunday it was like menstrual bleeding  with abdominal cramps which is twice annoying than the cramps I had before this bleeding sometimes with like sharp pain..so i did not take the home preg test.. I thought I was pregnant..but I still bleed now although not  heavy.. I hope to find out tomorrow why was it so.. I just  read I might had a miscarriage...

Although the doctor is still the best person to tell so it feels good to write something here and feel  that I am not alone.

Wishing us all some positive energy to keep us going.

Coming across this page searching for some answers,
Victoria
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.