cramps without period

I am experiencing period like cramps for the past few days and i am not due to have my period untill next week (11th jan) my last period finished on the 19th dec.  I was on 5 day course of antibiotics which ended on the 20th dec.  I am on the pill.  I had unprotected sex on the 26 and 28 of dec. I am aware that antibiotics affect the pill and that extra protection must be made for 7 days after stoping antibiotics but i had sex 6 days afterwards and i wasnt protected my a condom.  I have looked at other websites that tell me that period like cramps are an early sign of pregnancy and i am quite worried as i have never experienced period like cramps without a period before.  I doubt my period will come (if it does) untill i am due next week because my periods are always regular.  I do not have anyother symptoms.  I really need someones help as i have tried other forums with no luck and i would be very very greatful if someone could help me and let me know if this cramping is normal or if i could be pregnant.  Please some one help me as i am quite worried
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi All! So I'm 29 and have been trying to get prego for the last 3 months, but this month I experienced a little bit of brown discharge a week before my period was due (which has never happened to me before) I did some reading and found that that could be what they call implantation spotting, when the fertilized egg burrows itself in the uterine lining. So I decided to wait to see if I got my period, I was supposed to start on the 17, but I got cramps and no bleeding and have experienced some nasea but not much. I'm usually pretty regular but I'm now 2 days late and still getting severe cramps but no bleeding..?? I am getting a bit of a feverish feeling like when you start your period and then I go to the washroom thinking I'm starting and nothing, then all of a sudden I feel like 110% like I have some addreneline rush and feel perfectly fine like I'm not starting my period at all. I took a first response HPT this morning which is supposed to be pretty sensitive but it was negative, do you think I could still be pregnant?
Helpful - 0
This posting has helped (except I would love to know how things worked out for everyone, that would help a lot more!).

Like almost everyone here:
First day of period: september 6th
Intercourse with hubby: 12th and 18th
Cramps without period since: 19th

I keep thinking my period has started, go to bathroom and no bleeding. I called the doctor and she wanted me to come in right away (which freaked me out).
I've read MANY different things that this could be. Cyst on ovaries, early miscarriage, early pregnancy, and a couple of other things. So, I'm headed to the doctor today, and will post what we can find out.
I decided I'm not taking a pregnancy test until my period is 3 days late (september 9th).

I'll let you all know.

-Chels
Helpful - 0
I went to the doctor. Everything is normal for me, but that is not always the case for everyone else.
For me: My blood test came back negative for baby, but it could have been too early (the egg has not burrowed yet). So, I will still wait to see if my period shows up on October 6th or not.

For others: There are a few things that could be going on. If there is a cyst on your ovaries, generally there will be one localized spot of cramping. There are other things that could be happening. Yeast infections, an STD, or a couple other diseases. So, I  do feel this is important to go to the doctor if you have been having these symptoms for some time. Or, at least call your doctor to talk to them. That is what I did, then she said to come in right away.

One other reason my doctor wanted me to come in right away, is that these symptoms are also signs of a tubal pregnancy. This can be deadly.

Just please be aware that it is important to contact your doctor.

-Chels
Helpful - 0
This for me is the closest I can get to answers because doctors always say you'll have to wait and see.  The only dissappointing thing is that hardly anyone writes back what happens.  So here's my story.  I have a history of misscarriages and just had my last one on Sept. 2nd. Now on Oct 2nd I am having some cramps that wont go away.  With this I started spotting 4 days ago very lightly and then it stopped yesterday.  I really don't know what's going on.  We really want to be pregnant but I wont be able to tell as AF could come anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks after m/c.  Took hpt and came back neg. This waiting game ***** and I'll keep posted on whats going on for future peeps.
Helpful - 0
Last period: August 22nd
Cramping like im about to have my period every once in a while almost daily since last week. I got sick a couple of mornings last week, it was right before the cramping started. The sickness only happened twice after I ate breakfast. everything else seems normal but Im afraid that if im not pregnant I might have a cyst or something else wrong. I saw my doc on friday and he said to give it another week since my tests were all negative. Hope this helps. Will post next week when I go to the doc again for a follow up.
Helpful - 0
well AF finally arrived.  I was begining to worry that I had an infection or something.  I've been very nauseated and my boobs still hurt but at least I know now that I'm not pregnant.  It stinks but now I know.  Hope this helps someone out.  Had cramps and all theses symptoms for a week and a half before I finally started to bleed.  Guess we'll get to do the bd all over again:)  Baby dust to all!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.