cramps without period

I am experiencing period like cramps for the past few days and i am not due to have my period untill next week (11th jan) my last period finished on the 19th dec.  I was on 5 day course of antibiotics which ended on the 20th dec.  I am on the pill.  I had unprotected sex on the 26 and 28 of dec. I am aware that antibiotics affect the pill and that extra protection must be made for 7 days after stoping antibiotics but i had sex 6 days afterwards and i wasnt protected my a condom.  I have looked at other websites that tell me that period like cramps are an early sign of pregnancy and i am quite worried as i have never experienced period like cramps without a period before.  I doubt my period will come (if it does) untill i am due next week because my periods are always regular.  I do not have anyother symptoms.  I really need someones help as i have tried other forums with no luck and i would be very very greatful if someone could help me and let me know if this cramping is normal or if i could be pregnant.  Please some one help me as i am quite worried
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
About a week and a half ago, I was fooling around with my boyfriend.  We did not have sex, but we were both naked and not protected.  I am on the pill -- USUALLY pretty good about taking it at the same time every day but you know, every once in a while I sleep in.  :-)  

I figured the chances of being pregnant were pretty slim, but the relationship is relatively new (and wonderful) and I'm not ready to even chance bringing an unwanted pregnancy into the mix, so I took Plan B about a day and a half after said encounter.

(Side note: had no idea how $$ Plan B is.  Damn.  And my tummy was pretty unhappy for the day I took it and the day afterwards.  So ladies, make him wear a condom.)  

Anyway, the last few days I've been having period-esque cramps.  I almost never have cramps of any kind, and though not all that painful, are stronger than any I've had since before I went on the pill (many years ago).

I'm not due to get my period for another five days or so, so I haven't missed a period or anything, but I was curious about getting period cramps at weird times, so I Googled it, and now I'm getting a little wiggy.  I haven't had any nausea or any other symptoms, but it's still scary.  Do not want to be pregnant right now!      

Is there something else these cramps could be?  

keeping my fingers crossed.  
Helpful - 0
you took plan b for no reason. you do kno how a woman gets pregnant right? SEX and you said you didnt have any and anway you were on the pill.

before you took that pill you needed to read the instructions it would tell you everything you are worrying about. YOU WILL GET CRAMPS you can spot, you can bleed, you can miss a period, you can feel sex. etc

your not pregnant and your not going to be pregnant because your not having sex and you wont get pregnant by being naked next to a naked guy thats not not conception works.
Helpful - 0
Heres the lowdown: Was on Depoprovera til October 1st 2008 and didnt get it again. So I havent been on BC for a few months. Had a period the last week of September and now nada! Cramps and nausea and backache and sore nipples and such. 2 HPT both negative, one 2 days ago and the other 2 weeks ago. Going to the MD today to see if I maybe have endometriosis or some sort of infection. I feel awful. The nausea is wicked bad, but I havent vomited yet, thank god. I was hoping it was my period so I put off thinking anything really bad could be happening. Had unprotected sex (pull out an pray!) a few times and others with spermicide condoms. No discharge or smell or anything odd, only that i feel terrible and i have painful cramping and nausea. No fever. Been going on for about a week or so, last night it got so bad I couldnt sleep hardly and I havent eaten in 24 hours. I guess we will find out soon what the heck is going on.
Helpful - 0
I was reading through these comments and i have been experiencing the same thing I have been experiencing the same thing (cramping without a period) for  a few weeks now... My last period was in Dec 2008 and I keep cramping like im going to start but never do.... I've also been experiencing lower back pain and now have a white stretchy discharge from my vagina no itching , or smell (kind of like mucus not to be gross) Since the docs have said it would be hard for my bf to have children and we've been together 5 yrs and never had kids I have ruled out pregnancy..... could there be any thing else causing these symptoms I took a HPT and it was negative but i took it in the afternoon and i was supposed to urinate on the stick for 10 seconds and was only able to do so for about 3 secs.... also my blood pressure has been just a tad bit lower than normal (117/70 it's normally 120/80 and my body temperature has been a lil higher as well but now much.... Since it's goin on 2 months without my periods I'm gettin concerned... could this all be connected and could it be serious???Any info at all would be greatly appreciated
Helpful - 0
Me and my partner has been having unprotected sex for a year.We have been trying to concieve but nothing happen. Lately both my ovaries has been hurting,lower back pain, and sometimes nausea.im due for a period but is four days late.Im not experienceing any pg symptoms my breast feel fine and no morning sickness.Usually when i get ready for a period i cramp before it come but i had no cramps and usually my breast will get sore but my breast are not. could someone tell if this can be due to endometriossis or a sign of pregancy and sometimes my stomach can feel full at times. can someone help tell what this can be.
Helpful - 0
The same exact thing for me! It will be a year on March 16th that we have been trying. I'm a month late as of yesterday. And lately like the past few days I have been have the WORST cramps ever! Worse than period cramps. I just got over a yeast infection. And before then I had a little bleeding when I wiped, but nothing big. Still no period. What should I do?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.