i have a cyst in the pubic area

i have this cyst..well i think its a cyst (i dont think it could be a STI cos im a virgin, its a white'ish bump under the skin between my bum hole n vigina, and it was smaller, but suddenly its got bigger, its really sour n hurts when i walk, n i dono if its guna go down again or get any bigger, but i'd be really embarressed about going to my doctor, hav any idea what it could be and what i could do?
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
i agree with the above poster, I myself got a slightly large bump from shaving in that area that turned out to be just an ingrown hair.  I have alot of body acne too, which can sometimes contribute to wierd bumps in wierd areas.  Does that help?
Its all pretty much said here, but i just typed this out for Katsneow above so I will copy and paste it here:

It could be a deep boil, which are not fun, I know. If so, try hot compresses (hot washcloth on area til cool, repeat, then again) twice a day. That will "loosen it up" and gross as it sounds it should drain itself. You have to be pretty carefull with boils near lymphnodes (such as arms and groin) because the infection (pus) can quickly get into your bloodstream. If you can pop it in one try, do. If not leave it to pop on its own. It could be an ingrown hair, also painful. I would say same procedure as above. If you can see the ingrown hair you could try to tweeze it out. (edit: dont try to look too hard, your break your neck, lol) If you open the area, clean it well with peroxide or *ouch* rubbing alcohol. If it persists, see your doc. They might have to drain it. Sorry if this is gross, but as a nurse I see stuff like this every day.
I have this issue right now (infected hair that has grown to a cyst). I soaked in a warm epsom salt bath this afternoon and it has busted on its on. I am currently just keeping the spot clean, dry, and I put ointment on it. I had my husband look at it seeing as I cant see it, and he said it has a very small hole where is busted. It is still extremely tender, is this normal?
I have the same problem only it is recurring. I get them either in my pubic hair region or on my underarms. It seems like i get at least 4-6 a year. I am a 21 year old male, and all my sexual partners have been clean, if that helps. Someone please help me they are very painful, popping them hurts really bad and leaving them hurts really bad.
hi, i am a virgin and i have these reoccurring bumps on my pubic area. i get 2 to 4 at a time every 6 or 7 months. i AM a virgin and i don't plan on changing that. they feel shiny when i tried to pop them and they hurt to the touch. i'm afraid to talk to my mom about it because she will worry, what do i do? what are they? are they common? will i have them for ever? it is an allergic reaction? do i need to take medicine? thank you for your help!
Please or to view.
I also need help with 2 big red bump on my private area. I have no clue what anything is called down there because my sex-ed is very limited. But I've looked in the mirror and it's very shiny and during my period it gets very big and aches bad. I'm also a virgin and I have never had skin to skin contact with anyone before. I have a doctors appointment in June, but I'm afraid to tell them about it. HELP!!
Hey guys.. basically all of these bumps (in the groin and underarm areas) sound like cysts to me.. it's what i get quite alot these days. I got them every now and again right in the bend of my upper thigh but then one got infected and literally swole up to the size of an egg :| it was horrible. I coudn't walk and i went to the doctor who gave me antibiotics.  She said the best thing for a cyst is to burst.. so hot baths with salty water are the way forward! Eventually they burst but unfortunately its left me with a purple scar :( i think mine was a pretty bad case scenario. Most of the time they go away by themselves so you just have to wait it out. but don't be afraid to go to the docs.. without them i would've been in AGONY for weeks without their advice.

Hope this helps!!
i also have these recurrent boils. but i was told by a Professor of Medicine, that it might be a sign of diabetes. so i should stop yaking sugar of all kinds; whether in soda, coke, sprite any sweenten drink, any type of sugar. i did. it has reducd drastically. i am waiting for the final disappearance of it. i hope this helps
Hi  I am 43 yrs old. When I was younger I use to have these boils in my pubic area, no STD at all. My husband also had a problem with boils when he was in college. It's been almosy twenty years or so since I have had to deal with the boils. What stopped my boils was a change in my eating habits. I do not consumed soda or sweet drinks. I eat very limited fried foods, whenever I eat too much processed foods(cakes, pies, etc), I can sometimes feel a boil in that area coming on, so to keep it from really flaring up I immediately drink tons of water, apply a baking soda and water paste and also drink a little baking soda and water solution. This helps me. Unfortunately my daughter who is 20 and a college student has really bad boils in her public area. She has seen the dermatologist and an endocrinologist and was found that she had a vitamin D deficiency. The dermatologist gave her a steroid it help for a while but they flared again. When her boils are very painful I apply the baking soda paste and give her baking soda water. Within  a 24 hour period that pain is less and the boils are draining. I encourage you to really watch your diet. My husband and I both do not have these boils on a regular basis anymore because we monitor the amount of processed foods, the amount of sugar and fried foods we eat. Hope this helps!! We believe this could be hereditary, my mom suffered with these boils under her arm, my sister, and my brother. Over time I believe you grow out of this, my husband and I both did.
I have had cysts since I was 16, I am now 30. They are painful and annoying. Like everyone has said, hot compress helps but has never got rid of mine. I have went to several doctors, OBGYN's, PA's, family doctors, etc. and they have all prescribed me with anitbiotics and they have not helped me they actually gave me really bad yeast infections so with the cyst and yeast infections I was in serious pain. I did have one removed April 2009 by my OBGYN then 7months later another came to the same region (bikini area) just an inch lower. Now I have a 1.5 inch scar and another painful cyst. It fills up then busts every 2 or 3 days. When it is full I am in pain and can barely walk then in 2 or 3 days when it bursts I feel better. I hope my next appointment to the OBGYN can rid of them for good. But I think they are common in my family. My sister has had them and so has my dad. I dont know if I will ever have a "normal" bikini area. I hope this helps to understand about these dang cysts. Good luck all. I know I need it :)
Don't ever be afraid to go to the doctor.
They are common place, most likely pimples, boils or ingrown hairs.
DON"T BE AFRAID OF THE DOCTOR.
also....if you have a normal loving mom or dad...tell them too.
i have a knot in my private area and i went to the er twice and i got it cute open k it is back and know i have some kind of stuff licking out of me onto my underwear and it is a bad smell is that the knot draning what else can i do to let it drain i take my med but it is not going down and i dont have a anything me and my partner has been trying to have a baby for a year and we can't  seem to have one someone please help me
Sounds like a boil. Alot of times the reason they are reoccuring is because it contains infection. more times than not, its MRSA or staph infection. Alot of time women get them in their pubic region. It needs to be treated with anti-biotics to completely rid the infection. Boils are VERY PAINFUL. And can spread to other areas. If you try to deal with it without a dr, my suggestion is squeeze the infection part of the boil until you get to the "core" , and remove it. Most times if you remove the core, which usually is a large lump or wormy like puss, it will heal as long as you keep it clean and santized. Use DIAL Soap. It kills virus and bacteria unlike other body washes. It it hasnt yet came to a "head" try campophenque. Rub on boil and place band-aid of heat source on. May have to try for several days. Surgery to remove is super PAINFUL!!! If this doesnt work. Good Luck.
So accurately described and correct about the dial soap.  I'd like to that the bar not the liquid is best.  The Dr's have seen this many times and can help.  Not uncommon and it's negative reflection on you.
How do you know if it is a cyst or not? because I have this bump and its scary because I do not know what is is? Its hard and sorta like a pimple but bigger not too big but abnormal looking?
Please or to view.