should i have gotten my period by now?

I'm 14 and a half, I'm like shorter/average in height, I have like a 17.7 BMI (underweight). I'm thin, but not SKINNY, I have an muscular/athletic body type. I do a LOT of exercise. I heard that low body fat is a reason to get your period later than others. I see skinnier girls than me at school who have their period... and I'm like whattt?? my mom and sister got theirs when they were 13... so what happened to me? neither of them were especially thin or athletic, though. I'm kind of dreading turning 15 because if I don't have it by then, i'll feel kinda ridiculous... Let me know. Also, I was slightly more of a late bloomer than my peers but not by that much. All sign of puberty have happened except getting a period. Is this normal? Doctors told me when I was 13 that it's "just around the corner"!
Yes, it can be totally normal- don't worry about it (although I know it's hard not to).  I've known girls not to start until they were 16- enjoy the time that you don't have to worry about it, it will begin soon enough.  Don't compare yourself to others, you are unique and it will happen when your body is ready for it to happen.