Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
266539 tn?1281402152

Medical Coding~ Any information?

I am currently looking into Medical Coding and I was wondering if anyone knew of a legit online university or whatever that I could get certified?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
what happened to going to school to become a nurse?  I dont know of any but I'd like to know myself.  I believe Quinns momma does coding, not sure though.
Helpful - 0
13167 tn?1327194124
It looks like there are a lot of online courses,  K.  Here's one I found that looks very user friendly -

http://www.medicalcodingcourses.com/medical_coding.asp?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=MedicalCoding&utm_content=LandingPage&gclid=CLyew7K2vZUCFSCcnAodjWV1Qw
Helpful - 0
266539 tn?1281402152
THanks ladies, I enrolled into one at Allied schools and will start once my books come.  I decided to hold off on nursing, because I couldn't decide if that was really what I wanted to do or not.  I have a semester to figure out if I do want to do that or I also thought about u/s tech or radiology tech.  So when I figure that out then I can go from there.  The coding course I am in now says you can complete in 5 months if you work 20 hours a week, so I think in 6 months I can probably be done.  I called some local hospitals and was told it was better to know both billing and coding so after I am done with coding I will take the billing course.  Thanks again.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Social Community

Top Women's Health Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.