Welcome to the community

Hi everyone.
If you have any concerns and questions about the Zika virus, feel  free to post any questions here and we will do our best to help you
Dave
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi Kiera, Florida has reported 21 cases thoughout the state but the CDC has not reported any confirmed infections here. Its most in the Carribean areas. Right now is not the mosquito season here but April would be so i would advise not to worry much but do use some protection esp at night as thats when they are most active. For sure let your doctor know about your traveling plans as a back up. Also understand that this virus is relatively harmless and very few people actually get sick from this.

Question and Answers: Zika virus infection (Zika) and pregnancy:
http://www.cdc.gov/zika/pregnancy/question-answers.html

Dave
Helpful - 0
I'm 4 weeks pregnant and will be traveling to Florida in April and May for work. There mosquitoes are so bad. I keep bug repellent wipes in my travel bag and still come back eaten up. I wear long pants, but I walk through long tall grass, and they get me anyway.
Should I be concerned?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Zika Virus Community

Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Before your drop a dime at the pharmacy, find out if these popular cold and flu home remedies are a wonder or a waste
Fend off colds and the flu with these disease-fighting foods