A little about me

I decided to post a little about me and my family. 1st of all I have anxiety. I have phobias and social fears. I freak out when I have to talk on the phone. I'm on meds for anxiety allthough I take it everyday I don't always write it down. All my life I thought I had depression until about two months ago when I was diagnosised with bipolar disorder. I don't have any friends in real life. My family and I are on the outs. The only person I have is my Mom. We live together but we tend to argue a lot. I admit sometimes I start it but not always. She has mental problems too at 1st she was told she was paranoid schitzophrania and recently found out she was labled schitzoaffective. We are stuck at home a lot. Sometimes I feel like I'm all alone. That's why I came on here to just be able to talk about it without feeling judged by the world. To talk to people who can relate to someone who is like me sorta. Sometimes I feel like I'm going crazy. I don't know why I feel this way and have since I was in my teens. Well anyway you can post something to me or you can talk about you if you want or your life or whatever. I guess that's all for now.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
That's interesting but I doubt that you did anything to deserve it. People with mental problems struggle. It's just like any other disease. Just take it one step at a time. Believe me I get frustrated too. Sometimes I feel like giving up, but I got to keep reminding myself to keep going because if I don't I'll never get anywhere. And I don't want that. I get tired of life too. I'm barely holding on but there is a strand I still have a hold on. So I got to keep going. You should try to get some skills I bet you would start to feel more in control of your life. I know your scared. I get scared too. I really do.
Helpful - 0
Scared isn't the word. More like terrified. And I do try things. It's not like I just throw my hands up and say "Oh no I can't do this!"  I try to do things but I always seem to fail. But I will try this thing when I get the chance to. I can't help it but feel that way. I try not to but I do. I'm pretty down now. Well I'm getting tired I'm gonna lay down but I'll be on soon.
Helpful - 0
Well I think you should try it agian. If you don't try you'll never know. I hope you get your chance soon and I hope you get a car soon. I can't imagine being stuck at home all the time. I would be bored stiff. Must be hard. I posted on the other thing too. On this forum but in the other catagory. I hope you get your chance to get the skills and you are able to retain them. But you have to try first or you won't get them. So remember to try. I hope my words aren't getting on your nerves. I'm not trying to hassel you. I'm really not. So I hope you aren't mad or anything. Ok I guess that's it for now. Talk to you later. Hope you get plenty of sleep.
Helpful - 0
Not a bad person, just a very unlucky one.  Same for many of us.
I've been so scared of failure that I've given up trying.  I avoid a lot of situations.
I know what you mean.  I crash and burn a lot too.  I think part of the problem is having too high expectations and putting too much pressure on ourselves.  Sometimes if we just backed off a little, or accepted slightly less from ourselves, we would be better off in the long run.
I think if we aim for short-term goals that are realistic we have a much better chance of success.
I think that most of the highs and lows occur because of black and white thinking.
For me I feel I am living my life crisis after crisis.  Often I don't have time to catch my breath between them.
Me too.  The internet is just a coping mechanism.  Distracts from the bad plus helps us to feel connected to others.  Maybe even makes us feel us though we're contributing.
I seemed to have added an increasing number of forums to my shortcuts.
I like the doctor on the mh and emotional eating expert forums.  I also read some of the posts from the other expert forums.  I dislike the depression forum.
If you're using the computer more perhaps you aren't coping as well as you have been?

I've been barely hanging on too at times.  I guess that is something we all have in common.  Plus we all get scared.  The doctor on the mh expert forum says that thoughts, feelings and memories, etc are just bits of information and nothing to be afraid of.
Maybe you need to try smaller steps.  You know like as in how a baby crawls before it walks and runs.
Perhaps it was thinking about all the changes you need to make or all the things you want to do that made you feel tired.  Change makes me feel exhausted.

Sometimes I think we need to have our fears validated before we can move on.

I'm tired too.  I went to bed late last night and had to get up early.  I also had my lower wisdom teeth out today.

Take care.
Helpful - 0
I think the reason I've been on the computer more is actually because I'm afraid I won't have it much longer. You see I haven't had internet for two years until late September and with the bills going up I don't think we'll be able to keep internet much longer. So maybe I have been obsessing over the internet a bit but come on I just got really into it and I don't want it to be whisked away from me. That is the last thing I need right now. Augh! Even small goals end up in dust. It's just so frustrating. And no I don't mean the internet. And yes I have bad luck. Most of the time I can see mostly bad in my life but a few good things to keep me going, but lately it seems like all that was good has now turned bad. I guess after all of this I just don't have much of a fighter left in me.
Anyway if you don't mind me asking how come you don't like the depression forum? Is it boring or something?
Helpful - 0
Understandable really.  Touch wood it doesn't happen.
Fighting all the time can leave us feeling exhausted.

Is it boring?  No, I just don't respect some of the positions taken by some of the members.  Also, it can feel a bit morbid.  But that's what depression is I guess.  I also feel that some members like to post as an excuse to not work on or confront their own issues.  I don't think that's healthy.
I guess it is hard for me to accept that that is what some people need for their recovery.
At the moment I would give it a 2/ 10.  It has a lot of traffic though.
Helpful - 0
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the mental health chats Group

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?