Lil' Miss Bean Tracker Journals
Sort By:  


Apr 27, 2013 - 0 comments

have a rough weekend.  i got very overwhelmed with all the things that need to get done before baby comes as well as the typical household stuff.  DH just wanted to work in the backyard but kept on telling me to take it easy.  Prenatal yoga didn't even help.  It fusterated me cause it was so difficult to get into the positions that i just want to cry and give up. Went shopping and I continue to get stares and random people even make comments.  I thought one ladies eyes were going to pop out of her head when i told her i still have a month to go.  (people are not very nice sometimes)  Another lady at work asked if I was going to have twins cause thats what I look like.  Thanks B*****.  Saturday night i just got so feed up that I just got so depressed and couldn't stop crying.  I finally made a list of all the things that needed to be done and left it out for DH to see.  Sunday was much better as he helped do some of the chores on the list.  There's still some left but atleast he knows what I have on my mind....and its more than working in the backyard!  I might have to do a list each weekend to keep me sane.  

Lil' Miss Bean Tracker

ultra sound

Apr 22, 2013 - 0 comments

we had an ultra sound this morning as well as my first weekly appointment.  The u/s was quick.  they just check for fluid, size of baby, heart beat.  All checked out good.  She's weighing in at 5 lbs 10 oz so far (typical for 36 weeks)  If she puts on 1/2 lb a week, she'll be just under 8 lbs at birth.  We did get some photos from the u/s but they are quite grainy.  I posted them anyways.  It was neat to see her position in my belly.  As i suspected, her butt is up near my right ribs and her head is down.  Placenta to my left side.  Which is why my belly looks a little lopsided to me.  baby is all on the right side making it higher than the left.  At one point during the u/s we saw her foot up near her head!  She's running out of room.
The OB appointment went well.  blood pressure good.  weight, err.  urine, good.  they did the culture for strep b and i'll find out the results at next weeks appointment.
Doc did internal exam and said I was softening but hadn't dialated or thinned out yet.  Just shy of 36 weeks, doc said softening was right on target for my delivery date.

Lil' Miss Bean Tracker


Apr 15, 2013 - 0 comments

I took a walk this afternoon to get out of the office and enjoy the nice day.  walked 15 mins out then sat down for a few minutes, then 15 mins back.  it felt really good at the time but it might have been too much.  Once I got home I realized I needed to go to the grocery store so that was more walking and I started to feel sore by then.  I started to get some cramps (like period cramps) and continued to have them through the night.  I think I got too ambitious after hearing one of the girls in our birthing class say she had jogged 4 miles just a couple weeks ago!  I need to take it easy today.  :)

Lil' Miss Bean Tracker

Birthing class

Apr 14, 2013 - 0 comments

We had a one day birthing crash course at our hospital.  There were 10 or 11 couples in the class.  Teacher was a RN with lots of years experience.  I really liked the teacher and it was good to have someone with so many years experience to ask questions to.  I was a bit disappointed about the level of knowledge given through out the class.  I've watched a lot of TLC's Baby Story and 16 & Preg so I was familiar with lots of the topics like external/internal monitors, forcepts vs vaccum.  The most helpful part was practicing breathing which DH rubbed by back and labor positions.  It was also interesting to learn that our hospital offers an epi that I can control the amount given.  The nurse said often moms like to not give themselves as much medicine during pushing so they can have some feeling in their legs to help push.
The class didn't cover much at all with brestfeeding or caring for baby.  I also thought we'd watch a birthing video.  Maybe they don't want to scare us.  haha  I was also disappointed that she ended the class over an hour early.  We payed good money for her to teach us.  I was getting sick on sitting in their hardly padded chair so maybe its just as well.
We also took a tour of the L&D wing which DH and I had taken already.  The tour today wasn't as good as the first one we took.  She skipped a lot of stuff the other tour pointed out.
I'm glad we did the class but there's still a lot of questions that I'll have to ask our OB or research on my own.

Lil' Miss Bean Tracker